• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New DM seeks interest in PFRPG PBP - Crypt of the Everflame

Rhun

First Post
Should be ready for review:

ANUNDR VALKRSSON
(Redux)

Description
Anundr certainly stands out in a crowd. At six and a half feet tall, with broad shoulders and a body of iron-corded muscle, the northman towers over most folk. His youth, though, is all too apparent in his features, which most would consider handsome (if not accompanied by his gruff northern manner). He is fair of skin, wears his blonde hair long, and dresses simply in the leathers and furs common to the northlands.

[sblock=Credit]Credit to Pixx73 at DeviantArt[/sblock]

Personality & Background
Anundr was born in the isolated northern village of Haafinger (Solitude, in common), but his family moved south while he was still quite young. They settled on the outskirts of the town of Kassen, out beyond the town wall, on a small farm; as worshippers of the northern gods in a town where nearly the entire populace worshipped the gods of the south, his family wasn't well accepted, and were often ridiculed for their beliefs. Thus, they eked out a meager living on the edge of town, growing their own crops, and hunting their own game. While not a pleasant life, it taught Anundr to be strong and self sufficient. Tilling earth, digging peat, and cutting wood paid physical dividends, and the ridicule and shunning received by some of the villagers strengthened the young warrior’s determination and will to the point of stubbornness.

During Anundr’s middle teen years, his parents fell ill to a wasting sickness, and died within a few months. The youth sought work in Kassen, unable to manage the farm on his own; the dwarven blacksmith Braggar took the boy as an apprentice, noting that Anundr's strength and dwarf-like stubborness would serve him well as a smith. It is well that Braggar chose Anundr, for few others would have the resilience to deal with Braggar's fits of rage. The two learned much from one another, and while their verbal sparring was all too common, there was also an unspoken mutual respect between them.

Anundr generally fights with his two-handed broadsword, as he was trained to do by his father, and wears a suit of overlapping metal scales in combat. He also carries shield and hammer for those situations that call more for defensive tactics than brute force.

Anundr Valkrsson
Chaotic Good Human (Shoanti) Male
Barbarian 1

XPs:

Stats
Str 18 (+4) (10 points, +2 race)
Dex 14 (+2) (5 points)
Con 14 (+2) (5 points)
Int 12 (+1) (2 points)
Wis 10 (+0) (0 points)
Cha 08 (-1) (-2 points)

General
HP: 14 (12 [1st level] + 2 [con])
AC: 17 or 19 (10 base, +5 armor, + 2 dex [+2 shield])
--- Touch AC 12
--- Flatfooted 13 or 15

Initiative: +4 (+2 dex, +2 trait)
Move: 40’ (40’ base)

Combat
BAB: +1
Melee: +5
--- Greatsword +6 (2d6+6/19-20)
--- Warhammer +5 (1d8+4 or 1d8+6/x3)
Ranged: +3
--- Throwing Axe +3 (1d6+4/x3)

Combat Maneuver Bonus: +5
Combat Maneuver Defense: 17

Saves:
Fort: +4 (2 base, + 2 con)
Ref: +2 (0 base, + 2 dex)
Wil: +1 (0 base, + 0 wis, +1 trait)

Skills:
- (8 total: 4 class, +1 human, +1 int, +1 favored class, +1 background) -
Acrobatics +2 (1 rank, +3 trained, +2 dex, -4 ACP)
Climb +4 (1 rank, +3 trained, +4 str, -4 ACP)
Craft (Weaponsmith) +5 (1 rank, +3 trained, +1 int)
Intimidate +3 (1 rank, +3 trained, -1 cha)
Knowledge (Nature) +5 (1 rank, +3 trained, +1 int)
Perception +4 (1 rank, +3 trained, +0 wis)
Survival +4 (1 rank, +3 trained, +0 wis)
Swim +4 (1 rank, +3 trained, +4 str, -4 ACP)

Languages:
- Common
- Shoanti
- Goblin

Feats:
- Weapon Focus: Greatsword (1st level)
- Power Attack

Traits
- Reactionary
- Indomitable Faith

Class Features:
- Fast Movement
- Rage (6 rage points)

Racial Features:
- +2 to One Ability
- Medium Size
- Normal Speed
- Bonus Skill Points
- Bonus Feat

Arms, Armor and Equipment:
- Scale mail (50gp, 20lb)
- Large wooden shield (7gp, 10lb)
- Greatsword (crafted, 17gp, 8lb)
- Throwing Axe (crafted 3gp, 2lb)
- Warhammer (crafted, 4gp, 5lb)
- Traveler’s Outfit (1gp, 5lb [worn])
- Backpack (2gp, 2lb)
--- Bedroll (1sp, 5lb)
--- Torches, 12 (12cp, 12lb)
--- Rope, 50’ hemp (1gp, 10lb)
--- Trail rations, 3 days (15sp, 4lb)
--- Waterskin (1gp, 4lb)
- Beltpouch (1gp, 0.5lb)
--- Chalk, 1 piece (1cp, ---)
--- Flint & Steel (1gp, ---)
--- Flask, (3cp, 1.5lb)
--- Coin [13gp, 21sp, 14cp]

Broad Arrow Jack

First Post
BAJ any chance of making Holgast an elf and a family member? The traits seem to suggest they came from family. As for one of the traits and the arcane bond; lets say my character was rumaging among Holghast's many artifacts while he slept. He came across Storm and was zapped by the sword. From this incident they were bonded and he now has an affinity for lightning spells.
ranger, there's no reason Holgast couldn't be an elf, so far as I know. If you are incline to make him your PCs relative, that's probably okay too, but I think it should be more of a distant relative. An uncle, or the like, rather than a parent. Don't worry too much about the text of the traits you've selected, that certainly isn't set in stone in my book. The 'parents' in question could certainly have been an 'uncle' or even just 'teacher'. Go ahead and write up Elandril's background, and I'll let you know if anything there wouldn't work within the confines of the module as written.

Broad Arrow Jack

First Post
Okay, Anundr is ready for me to review. How is everybody else coming on sheets and backgrounds?

Also, has anyone seen ethandrew around? We still don't know what he wants to play.

Broad Arrow Jack

First Post
Newbie question time:

Lurking around, it appears to me that many DMs often create a separate thread for character sheets and sometimes other information. Would that be helpful to all of you?

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Okay, Anundr is ready for me to review. How is everybody else coming on sheets and backgrounds?

Also, has anyone seen ethandrew around? We still don't know what he wants to play.

I will admit that Fenris is helping me work on my character sheet. It's coming along fairly well, I think we have most of the mechanics done and now that you've okayed part of the background I can get working on putting it on paper - heh or computer, I guess.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Newbie question time:

Lurking around, it appears to me that many DMs often create a separate thread for character sheets and sometimes other information. Would that be helpful to all of you?

I do think it's pretty helpful to have that thread separate. When the character sheets are all in the first post or first bunch of posts its easier to know where to find them rather than when they are buried in another thread. Usually there are three threads: the game thread, the OOG chatter thread and the sheets & references thread.

But of course you can feel free to set it up however you like!

Rhun

First Post

I don't think Ethandrew is an every day poster. But he is active in at least one game I'm in with him. So, I'm sure we will see him again in the next couple of days.

Newbie question time:

Yes, a Rogue's Gallery thread is definitely a good idea. It puts all the character sheets in one easy to find place, and gives you a good place to post additional information, track experience and loot, etc.

Fenris

Adventurer
Healing and Sun domains. I might consider swapping Sun for one of Sarenae's other domains, but that is one of the decisions I still need to make.

Like what? I was considering Sun. My cleric will be different than Danth obviously, but what other domain are you looking at? I know I want Fire. But was thinking Sun worked well.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads