D&D Movie/TV New Footage & Poster For D&D: Honor Among Thieves Movie

29771E10-9F44-4CEB-B65D-9986CF1E00DC.jpeg

There's a brand new poster and new footage available for next year's Dungeons & Dragons movie, Honor Among Thieves. The new footage is a featurette of various pieces, incuding new monsters, and a look at the animatronics and CGI. The film comes out on March 31st, 2023 and stars Chris Pine, Michelle Rodriguez, Rege-Jean Page, Justice Smith, Sophia Lillis, and Hugh Grant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Looks fun but Record of Lodoss War will continue to be the best video media (tv/movies) based on D&D.
RoLW was a lot of fun, but it is a bit of mess from a storytelling perspective. It was inspirational as hell, but my goodness it was poorly directed, the writing was questionable, and the story made little sense at times. I mean I guess it is possible the anime I watched like 20 years ago was incomplete but it jumped all over the place with little to no explanation and lots of guesswork required.

Not to mention the commit the biggest RPG sin at the climatic end: they split the party!

dave2008

Legend
I have started to hate trailers as they can be so deceptive. This looks like it could be good, but the trick is trying to keep that up for 90 - 120+ minutes or whatever the run time is.

I like what the actors are saying about it though.

And as I am a dragon guy, I must say I am a little disappointed in the dragons in the movie (but glad there are at least 3).

grimslade

Krampus ate my d20s
I have started to hate trailers as they can be so deceptive. This looks like it could be good, but the trick is trying to keep that up for 90 - 120+ minutes or whatever the run time is.

I like what the actors are saying about it though.

And as I am a dragon guy, I must say I am a little disappointed in the dragons in the movie (but glad there are at least 3).
I am with you on the deceptive trailers thing, but a good indication is when they start to include new footage in trailers rather than reshuffle the same scenes. There was a lot more Hugh Grant in this footage release and it seems to hold up with the other released footage, plus the new creatures as well. These are good signs. I imagine the dragons, being huge CGI effects are still being worked on right up until they ship the film. We shall see, only 4 months until release.

dave2008

Legend
I imagine the dragons, being huge CGI effects are still being worked on right up until they ship the film. We shall see, only 4 months until release.
That is probably true, but it wasn't just the CGI. The red is bloated and fat and the metallic (I haven't stopped to verify which one it is) looks oddly wide-eyed. Finally, I love black dragons, but I don't really like the 3e+ skeletal head, so I am a bit disappointed that is one of the more prominent ones it seems.

grimslade

Krampus ate my d20s
The Red is Themberchaud so his Rubenesque physique is part of the character. I am pleased that we are not getting Smaug 2.0 for the red. The black dragon design is, for good or bad, the iconic black dragon for D&D now. Hopefully, there is depth to the dragon to overcome your dislike of the design, but I think the dragons will all be a minimal presence in the movie.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases