Night's Embrace: Part 1--A Touch of Darkness

Boddynock

First Post
Kel shrugs.

"Hey, I've already made a fool of myself. I can cope with going in again. And the innkeeper didn't seem bad-hearted - just ... astute."

Boddynock

First Post
Kelloran gestures to Nhalia to enter the inn. Once the "elven princess" has appeared, he and the others will carry in Shan, Titus and the baggage.

He's not about to say anything to the innkeeper, however - he'll leave it up to the others to try and repair the trouble he's caused.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Time for my best brother impression," Nhalia mutters to herself quietly.

*Nhalia winks to Kel as if to say not to take the following act personally, as it is for the innkeeper's benefit to explain away Kel's gaffe, then she heads up to speak with him.*

"Excuse me sir. My human servant is a bit overzealous and completely ignorant of the ways of the Tel'Quess. He thinks every elf of sufficient breeding a princess--is it not droll? As you can see here, my lackeys and my knight retainer, a paladin in the service of Ilmater, have come to harm protecting me. As a priestess of Sehanine Moonbow and daughter of the Tel'Quess, I seek shelter in your inn. Will you provide it?"

"Well...uhh...I guess so."

"Good. Servant? Give him the payment."

*She motions for Kel.*

Boddynock

First Post
Kel steps forward promptly, looking suitably chastened. He opens the pouch at his belt and brings out a gem which he hands to the innkeeper. He then steps back, keeping a glum silence.

Remove ads