• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TSR Now it’s WotC’s Turn: WotC Moves Against TSR3

I guess after you provoke somebody enough, they’ll eventually bite back. The company has begun trademark cancellation procedures against the newest TSR. TSR3 briefly filed for a court declaration on Dec 7th as to their ownership of the TSR trademarks — with an IndieGoGo campaign to fund it — and then voluntarily dismissed it a couple of days later on Dec 9th. This filing is dated Dec 6th...

I guess after you provoke somebody enough, they’ll eventually bite back. The company has begun trademark cancellation procedures against the newest TSR.

TSR3 briefly filed for a court declaration on Dec 7th as to their ownership of the TSR trademarks — with an IndieGoGo campaign to fund it — and then voluntarily dismissed it a couple of days later on Dec 9th.

This filing is dated Dec 6th, the day before TSR3 launched its campaign.

In WotC’s response, they cite fraud as one of the causes of action, alleging that TSR3 misled the trademark office in its original application.

Mike Dunford, on Twitter, breaks down the action.

4E621D4D-651A-4F27-B77F-CA7A222BDB91.png

3DC0A545-5258-45D3-A925-CF0D2B78ECF8.jpeg

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Hey, no need to kink-shame.
Unless you're talking about watching St. Augustine grass grow.
That's nasty in a suburban HOA sort of way.

Hey- who is kink shaming now?

Sometimes, I like to go to random, suburban HOA meetings ... for places I don't even belong to .... and I will stand up and say, "I've heard that some people aren't cutting their grass regularly. And that people who come through think it's devaluing our homes."

And then I sit back, and watch the fireworks. Mmmmmmmmmmmm...........

Jer

Legend
Supporter
Hey- who is kink shaming now?

Sometimes, I like to go to random, suburban HOA meetings ... for places I don't even belong to .... and I will stand up and say, "I've heard that some people aren't cutting their grass regularly. And that people who come through think it's devaluing our homes."

And then I sit back, and watch the fireworks. Mmmmmmmmmmmm...........
I'm torn between thinking that this is evil, and thinking that this is exactly what a HOA deserves to get.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I'm torn between thinking that this is evil, and thinking that this is exactly what a HOA deserves to get.

That's just good fun!

If you're evil, you go to the HOA meeting and say, "I just heard the City is planning on zoning for a homeless shelter nearby. I think we should let the City know that this is a great idea, and that we support their efforts to combat this problem."

qstor

Adventurer
Ernie isn’t trying to take half the credit. You have it backwards. They get his feedback on just enough to slap his name on it in hopes for sales.

Also, as it was explained to me by people who know him personally, he struggled HARD with alcohol addiction (but doesn’t drink now). So bad, he still suffers cognitive impacts today. I know people who have had their lives destroyed by that disease, so maybe we can lay off the lazy beer drinker jokes.

I’m not excusing him for his behavior and comments, but I think it’s important to consider those things before stringing him up.
Being in recovery doesn't excuse his remarks about trans people. Or running a Kickstarter then bailing on it after you've gotten a LARGE sum of money.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Being in recovery doesn't excuse his remarks about trans people. Or running a Kickstarter then bailing on it after you've gotten a LARGE sum of money.
I'm not saying it does. In fact, I explicitly said it doesn't. However, I'm not talking about being in recovery. I'm talking about actual real cognitive damage done to him from years of abuse. No amount of recover will bring that back. From people who have worked closely with him, it's entirely likely that he literally can't help it, because doesn't have the cognitive ability to see through the manipulation.

So if that is true (and it might not be), are we at a point where we are attacking someone with a cognitive disorder because they aren't meeting the same standards a neuro-typical person?

I don't want to be that kind of person, myself.

*Edit I'm not saying these statements are true or not. I'm not a doctor and I haven't diagnosed him. All I'm saying is that if they are (and it is something that happens from years of substance abuse), then I don't want to be the kind of person who was attacking someone who mentally wasn't able to achieve the standard I would hold of a neuro-typical person, and I'd feel awful myself it it happened to turn out to be true.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads