TSR Now it’s WotC’s Turn: WotC Moves Against TSR3

I guess after you provoke somebody enough, they’ll eventually bite back. The company has begun trademark cancellation procedures against the newest TSR. TSR3 briefly filed for a court declaration on Dec 7th as to their ownership of the TSR trademarks — with an IndieGoGo campaign to fund it — and then voluntarily dismissed it a couple of days later on Dec 9th. This filing is dated Dec 6th...

I guess after you provoke somebody enough, they’ll eventually bite back. The company has begun trademark cancellation procedures against the newest TSR.

TSR3 briefly filed for a court declaration on Dec 7th as to their ownership of the TSR trademarks — with an IndieGoGo campaign to fund it — and then voluntarily dismissed it a couple of days later on Dec 9th.

This filing is dated Dec 6th, the day before TSR3 launched its campaign.

In WotC’s response, they cite fraud as one of the causes of action, alleging that TSR3 misled the trademark office in its original application.

Mike Dunford, on Twitter, breaks down the action.

4E621D4D-651A-4F27-B77F-CA7A222BDB91.png

3DC0A545-5258-45D3-A925-CF0D2B78ECF8.jpeg

Sacrosanct

Legend
LaNasa sure has been awfully silent recently. Only that “Mario” guy seems to be responding or posting anywhere over the past several days. At this point, I wouldn’t be surprised if Mario and Chad revenge are the same person, just trying to keep Justin in the conversation.

DLIMedia

David Flor, Darklight Interactive
LaNasa sure has been awfully silent recently. Only that “Mario” guy seems to be responding or posting anywhere over the past several days. At this point, I wouldn’t be surprised if Mario and Chad revenge are the same person, just trying to keep Justin in the conversation.
Except for the occasional faux promotional post, LaNasa's been "awfully silent" for months now... The only place he seems to post regularly is the Discord channel, which has only a handful of devout followers because everyone that opposes him even in the slightest gets kicked and banned from the server.

I mean, they presumably have a product coming out in less than two weeks... You'd think they'd be talking about it, right?

darjr

I crit!
Probably setting to settle. It’ll probe closed? Maybe? Would it be in WotC interest to make the conditions of a settlement open? Could it be?

Medical Disinformation
Ernie isn’t trying to take half the credit. You have it backwards. They get his feedback on just enough to slap his name on it in hopes for sales.

Also, as it was explained to me by people who know him personally, he struggled HARD with alcohol addiction (but doesn’t drink now). So bad, he still suffers cognitive impacts today. I know people who have had their lives destroyed by that disease, so maybe we can lay off the lazy beer drinker jokes.

I’m not excusing him for his behavior and comments, but I think it’s important to consider those things before stringing him up.
addiction isn't a disease, it's a choice. I used to smoke tobacco. Are you saying that while i was a tobacco smoker, i had a disease? Ludicrous. Smoking tobacco was a CHOICE that i made, just like quitting was a CHOICE that i made. You devalue the word disease when you label choices as a disease. Being a drunk is a character flaw not a disease.

Edit: spelling.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
addiction isn't a disease, it's a choice. I used to smoke tobacco. Are you saying that while i was a tobacco smoker, i had a disease? Ludicrous. Smoking tobacco was a CHOICE that i made, just like quitting was a CHOICE that i made. You devalue the word disease when you label choices as a disease. Being a drunk is a character flaw not a disease.

After looking into this, I get the impression that the medical community disagrees with you.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Using the product is a choice, being addicted to it is a disease. That's the difference, at least from the point of view of the medical researches. That's why even a X years of sobriety, you are no longer a ''drunk'', but you are still an alcoholic-in-recovery. You no longer have the ''character flaw'' but the disease is still there.

Medical experts disagree. Addiction literally changes your brain and how it functions. You're blaming the sick for being sick, and THAT, my friend, is a character flaw.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Addiction is complicated. There are chemical dependencies, which some substances can form. There are psychological dependencies, which can be formed with substances, and even actions, that don’t form chemical dependencies. And there are conditions like alcoholism, which are probably better understood as disorders than diseases. None of these things are choices, but one can make choices that can end up forming, or help break, dependencies (whether chemical or psychological). Alcoholism and similar disorders are not choices, but can make it harder to make the choices that could help one break a dependency (whether chemical or psychological).

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

Wow, it's warning after warning for you, isn't it? Firstly, I'd like to clarify this disinformation for those reading -- the medical community agrees that addition is a medical disorder. Secondly, even if it wasn't, this post is just obnoxious. Don't post again in this thread, please.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads