TSR Now it’s WotC’s Turn: WotC Moves Against TSR3

I guess after you provoke somebody enough, they’ll eventually bite back. The company has begun trademark cancellation procedures against the newest TSR.

TSR3 briefly filed for a court declaration on Dec 7th as to their ownership of the TSR trademarks — with an IndieGoGo campaign to fund it — and then voluntarily dismissed it a couple of days later on Dec 9th.

This filing is dated Dec 6th, the day before TSR3 launched its campaign.

In WotC’s response, they cite fraud as one of the causes of action, alleging that TSR3 misled the trademark office in its original application.

Mike Dunford, on Twitter, breaks down the action.

4E621D4D-651A-4F27-B77F-CA7A222BDB91.png

3DC0A545-5258-45D3-A925-CF0D2B78ECF8.jpeg

Shakeshift

Adventurer
Also NuTSR claimed to have founded GenCon which existed before original TSR was even founded

Chronology and causation are not really strengths of theirs
Pretending they were the original TSR (and that they somehow also founded GenCon) was one of Justin Lanasa's biggest blunders. Justin was assuming that the fans didn't know any better, when really you can't try to spin a lie like that without attracting the attention of every old-timer who's been to GenCon.

One guy posted a reply to Justin saying "Where were YOU in the early days of the convention? I never saw you!" and Justin's response was "Oh trust me, I was there!" and basically a dozen people jumped down Justin's throat and told him to PROVE he was there, since it was allegedly HIS con. Justin banned/blocked all the people and later deleted his entire post. It really sent a message though to the fans how he was a liar and a fraud. No credibility whatsoever.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases