TSR Now it’s WotC’s Turn: WotC Moves Against TSR3

I guess after you provoke somebody enough, they’ll eventually bite back. The company has begun trademark cancellation procedures against the newest TSR.

TSR3 briefly filed for a court declaration on Dec 7th as to their ownership of the TSR trademarks — with an IndieGoGo campaign to fund it — and then voluntarily dismissed it a couple of days later on Dec 9th.

This filing is dated Dec 6th, the day before TSR3 launched its campaign.

In WotC’s response, they cite fraud as one of the causes of action, alleging that TSR3 misled the trademark office in its original application.

Mike Dunford, on Twitter, breaks down the action.

4E621D4D-651A-4F27-B77F-CA7A222BDB91.png

3DC0A545-5258-45D3-A925-CF0D2B78ECF8.jpeg

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
Exactly. low brow humor in a bad movie. Obviously I can't speak for anyone else, and certainly won't shed a tear for him when it all comes crashing down, but for me? Making fun of his intelligence is too easy. Should be beneath us, no matter how many people he attacks. If a six year old yells a profanity at you, do you yell back at the kid, "Oh yeah, you're a **** too! And by the way, nice writing idiot!"?

I assumed he was like everyone else when all this was happening and partook in mocking his writing myself, but over the past month or so, I don't think he has the capacity to help it. Hence, the Wimp Lo analogy. And the lack of any sort of purpose of accomplishment in making fun of something so easily made fun of.
I think it’s quite a funny movie, but I otherwise agree with your overall point.

Jer

Legend
Supporter
Small update on Pace today... two waivers of service of summons granted to both Justin LaNasa and the Dungeon Hobby Shop Museum. He now has 60 days from March 4th to serve an answer or motion, or suffer default judgment.
I figured that even if he wasn't on the ball his lawyers would be.

Exactly. low brow humor in a bad movie. Obviously I can't speak for anyone else, and certainly won't shed a tear for him when it all comes crashing down, but for me? Making fun of his intelligence is too easy. Should be beneath us, no matter how many people he attacks. If a six year old yells a profanity at you, do you yell back at the kid, "Oh yeah, you're a **** too! And by the way, nice writing idiot!"?

I assumed he was like everyone else when all this was happening and partook in mocking his writing myself, but over the past month or so, I don't think he has the capacity to help it. Hence, the Wimp Lo analogy. And the lack of any sort of purpose of accomplishment in making fun of something so easily made fun of.
You could make your point without insulting a movie that lots of people like.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases