OOC: Endur's Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil

Endur

First Post
You are so lucky that my evil priest with the Death Knell spell is otherwise busy and can't touch Lylamwyn right now.

Xael said:
Bah. It's only a Werewolf and five 3rd or so level NPC's (two are blind, and waiting for some sneak attacks). A complete pushover. :p

Thanee

First Post
Right now there seem to be only two fighting opponents (the axe-fighter and the priest).

Give the elf the damn potion and come back! :D
Craven still has more hit points than some of us have, when they are at full health. :p

And Lylamwyn has a pretty hefty arsenal prepared, too.
[SBLOCK]0th - Detect Magic, Light, Read Magic x 2.
1st - Enlarge Person, Grease, Magic Missile x 2, Ray of Enfeeblement.
2nd -Glitterdust*, Scorching Ray x 2, Web.[/SBLOCK]

And then we only have to worry about Elmo and Vesta... :uhoh:

Bye
Thanee

Pyrex

First Post
Endur said:
12: Armored Warrior (-7) yells in orcish "For Grummsh" jumps out of the wagon and swings his great axe at Raner, his axe makes a terrible sound as it hits Raner's armor (19+6=25, 9+8=dmg 17); Raner is sure the warrior has orcish blood.

Well, yeah, I would tend to thing that shouting out "For Grummsh" would make it pretty obvious. :)

On a related note: Ouch! :eek:

*ponders what to do next*
Hmm, since I'm flanked, I can't Withdraw without drawing at least one AOO, similarly I can't retrieve the healing potion without drawing at least one AOO.
I have to do *something* though, one more hit will drop me.

Last edited:

Endur

First Post
I think Web and one Magic Missile are all the offensive spells that Lylamwyn has left.

The last time you rested, you only rested 8 hours for healing. You didn't rest long enough to gain back offensive spells (i.e. 24 hours).

That is why Belaver is low on spells as well.

Had you rested the full 24 hours, you'd have had extra spells back ... but four members of your party would be suffering the impact of ghoul fever right now (d3 con/dex damage each).

Endur

First Post
hmm
AC 20
expertise +4/-4... could give you AC 24
fighting defensively ... +2/-4 ... AC 26
Raner could have an AC 26. Of course, Raner won't hit much with a -8 to his attack roll either.

Pyrex said:
I have to do *something* though, one more hit will drop me.

Thanee

First Post
Endur said:
I think Web and one Magic Missile are all the offensive spells that Lylamwyn has left.

Still not too bad, there is also Spugnoir's wand (EDIT: ...which isn't overly offensive, tho :heh: ).

The last time you rested, you only rested 8 hours for healing. You didn't rest long enough to gain back offensive spells (i.e. 24 hours).

I see. I wasn't sure how long it has been since the spells had been used up (i.e. this day or last day). Usually I just figure, that after 8h (+accomodation for interruption) rest (unless the last rest was within the same day), you get all spells back (for arcane casters... divine casters need no rest, anyways), but I suppose we didn't do so much between the last two resting periods.

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Endur

First Post
The way that Resting is handled in 3e is obtuse. Only get spells back 1/day, but can rest 8 hours anytime you want to heal. Can rest 24 hours to heal twice as much. Implies that resting 16 hours does not allow you to heal twice as much.

Funky.

Maybe we should just assume that whenever the party rests in the future, the party takes up the rest of the day, so you get all spells back, even if that means resting 20 hours.

Thanee said:
I see. I wasn't sure how long it has been since the spells had been used up (i.e. this day or last day). Usually I just figure, that after 8h (+accomodation for interruption) rest (unless the last rest was within the same day), you get all spells back (for arcane casters... divine casters need no rest, anyways), but I suppose we didn't do so much between the last two resting periods.

Pyrex

First Post
Some of this should happen in the IC thread when we get back to town, but I figured I'd start here.

Unless someone else is interested Raner would like the Mwk Full Plate. If no one wants it he could use the Str 14 bow as well.

Remove ads