[OOC] PbtA Ironsworn - PbP in Ancient Greece

doghead

thotd
Nice save.

KN: To draw a weapon during a melee sounds like Face Danger (with speed, agility, or precision: Roll +edge).
That's ok, Penelope still has a arrow in hand, so she doesn't need to draw anything. She can use the arrow as a weapon to inflict 1 harm (vice 2 harm with a sword).

Which makes the progress track:

Raiders: Dangerous (2 progress per harm; inflicts 2 harm)
ProgressBar: 8/10.

Both Penelope and Pallas now have initiative.
  • Penelope (having scored a strong hit) can now seek to End the Fight
    i.e.: Roll two Challenge dice vs Progress (8).
    OR
  • Both Penelope and Pallas can seek to continue to attack (if you want to improve the ProgressBar).
thotd

doghead

thotd
Drawing a weapon is a move? Really? Okay, I guess...

Drawing a weapon is not a move. Characters don't have moves, they make moves when trying to do something risky or uncertain.

Drawing a weapon whilst engaged with an enemy is risky, so drawing the weapon in this situation means making the Face Danger move to see what happens.

I am still getting my head round it. I am starting to think of moves as something the character does when trying to resist the world (from killing them, say) or shape the world to their desires (ike trying to get a group of confused/scared people to move towards the mountains).

thotd

doghead

thotd
I would have thought it would have been part of Enter the Fray/Clash/Strike.

They are all combat moves, but other moves can be triggered within combat depending on the fiction. Face Danger is a fairly common one.

IC: As they moved, Penelope looked around to try and find another bow she could use.

OOC: Would that be Resupply?

Good question. I am going to say no. You can acquire a bow at the cost of 1 Supply.

Note: According to the rules, when adventuring as a group, you share the Supply Score.

thotd

doghead

thotd
I have been thinking through how this plays from here. This is the question I have been considering:

Getting everyone safely to the mountains is a formidable challenge. Why is it formidable?
  • What is involved?
  • What needs to be done?
  • What are the challenges?
Challenges (i.e. potential milestones) will come up along the way. But you can also drive the progress bar by identifying milestones you can work to achieve. Some of the things I have been thing along the lines of:
1. Eliminating/driving out the Raiders within the camp.
2. Identifying a destination and getting everyone moving in the same direction.
3. Establishing a force to protect the rear and flanks from raiders.
4. Finding a defensive position in the mountains.
5. Creating a camp a setting guards and defences.

You have achieved one milestone (1 box checked). You need a least 5 more to be in a position to consider Fulfilling your Vow.

thotd

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
My grandmother died this weekend, so I will be going on a LOA until next week for the funeral. I will be available on Discord/Hangouts, but not likely to be writing.

doghead

thotd
Hey KN. Sorry to hear about your grandmother. I hope that you are travelling OK.

Take whatever time you need. Give us a shout when you are back.

Regards,

thotd

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases