5E (OOC) Rise of the Dracolich (Full)

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Let me know if you spot any errors in my round-roller. I was super rushed to get it done and get to work. I might not have updated everything correctly.

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
How much are Mord and the Troll group able to tell about the other side of the battle?
Three Things: 1: The whole cavern shook. 2: The dragon definitely roared from somewhere "over there". 3: The Skraggs are gonna leave and head that way. Provoking opportunity attacks. I'll get to it, but go ahead and attack 'em if you're playing a troll who can...

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
I have to say, even though he's just a minor character, playing as Blurcho is... illuminating. The regeneration thing completely changes culture. How troll think, how they fight etc, it's all centered around that.

Like only a complete madman would throw a brick at someone's head over a minor slight. But if everyone heals 10 hp a round, then... it's not that crazy anymore? Sticks and Stones will break my bones, but only for a moment.

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
They haven't started to move away yet btw.
It's fine, they will. Anyone who has a troll adjacent to them can roll opp attacks along with their regular ones and move with them if they want. I know it's not exactly how D&D Turns work, but D&D turns work a little weird. I mean, if you think about it, when a creature moves away from another creature on its turn, and then the second creature follows the first, did they ever move apart? I would posit that they probably, in the reality of the situation, moved together. A few times while running these things, in my head, I've done all the movement simultaneous and then resolved the actions, as opposed to imagining it turn-by-turn. Mostly it doesn't really make any difference, on a purely D&D-rules resolution basis. Sometimes it causes little things to be different than they would be if we ran it purely turn-by-turn, but most of the time, those things don't really matter in any significant way.

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Everyone is aware that I rolled the round, right? It seems strange to me that Blurcho (of all characters) is the only one who's gone.

Edit: Aside from Mord and his skeletons

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
@Charwoman Gene We need your Saves (dc12 and dc19 Con Saves, I believe. The Second One is clearly more important!) to see how Alhana is doing before Sesto casts a big heal, I expect. Worst case scenario, I'll figure it out. I don't really want to roll for you, though.

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Sesto will wait with his action until he knows how well Alhana is doing against dragon breath. However, a Channel Divinity - Preserve Life seems appropriate.
It does. At this point, you might as well post it. If she's down, it'll wake her up, and if she's not, she'll get some useful heals. I'd like to keep moving, if we can...

Advertisement