• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (OOC) Rise of the Dracolich (Full)

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Ok. Udit was an absolute packrat (and there were *reasons* ;) but Malbung will travel light. Explorer's pack, breastplate, a bit of weapons... He's an outlander so he doesn't even need that many rations, or torches for that matter. And I think he can afford silk rope :p

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Ooh! Hey Fitz! For Mord could he create some sort of bond with the obsidian dagger that would let him use it in place of his wand? Also.. Any rules on magical implements to give bonuses to to-hit/damage rolls in 5th? That last one's been bugging me.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Ooh! Hey Fitz! For Mord could he create some sort of bond with the obsidian dagger that would let him use it in place of his wand? Also.. Any rules on magical implements to give bonuses to to-hit/damage rolls in 5th? That last one's been bugging me.

I'm not fitz but... do you mean + weapons? Or + to cantrips? There is a warlock item that increases ... something... a rod I think (don't have the books with me).

tglassy

Adventurer
In Xanathar’s Guide, the Ruby of the War Mage is a small ruby that you attune to which attaches to a weapon, which makes the weapon useable as your focus for spells. Doesn’t say you can’t put it on a magic weapon. Doesn’t provide any bonuses, but it would let your dagger replace a wand.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
As far as I know, Magical Implements give you the + bonus to to-hit spells and spell dc's. I don't think on damage, though. I dunno.

At any rate, you can absolutely use that dagger as an implement, sure. It was designed for use with rituals, after all.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Yeah, I'm gonna have to learn: If I'm gonna make up what magic items do, I'm gonna have to write it down somewhere other than the post that I give it out in. (I DID post what it did at some point - I'll have to look).

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Yeah, I'm gonna have to learn: If I'm gonna make up what magic items do, I'm gonna have to write it down somewhere other than the post that I give it out in. (I DID post what it did at some point - I'll have to look).
Not the full stats, just that it allows the user to basically murder a helpless victim to make an instant skeleton.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon

Ok, now I have my books. The item I was sort of remembering is the Rod of the Pact keeper, which gives you +X to hit (with spells only) and +X to spell save DC. The item is warlock only, needs attunement, and the +1 version is uncommon (+2 rare, +3 very rare). 1/long rest, it *also* allows you to regain a spent spell slot.

... this item is awesome for a warlock :O

Remove ads