D&D 5E (OOC) Rise of the Dracolich (Full)

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Alrighty then. It was a thought and seemed a logical time for it. Not sure where we were on the 'track' though so yeah. I am considering the merits of a level or 3 into Sorcerer. Especially since they're testing a new UA variant which is basically right up Mord's alley.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
For me it's hexblade for level 6 (to get the wraith) and for level 7 to get sweet sweet shadow of moil.

At that point then it's ... interesting. I could go fighter 4 5, 6 to get to ASI and 2nd attack (freeing an invocation) or I could stick with Hexblade to get armor of agathy even better and better spells (and a single ASI).

What I get for the ASI is an interesting choice. "logically" it should be charisma, but heavy armor master is interesting - it "stretches" armor of agathy, and the strength increase allows me to upgrade my armor.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
That being said, while level 9 would have been fun, Kalorn "works" just fine at level 8, a lot less so at level 7 and lower... so I'm fine with staying put for now.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Mord really is feeling the thightness in his slots and has been since conception. The adding Sorcerer is kind of a way to free him up to cast some smaller spells and maybe buff his horrible AC.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Mord really is feeling the thightness in his slots and has been since conception. The adding Sorcerer is kind of a way to free him up to cast some smaller spells and maybe buff his horrible AC.

I feel you. See it's why I took Eldrich Knight - double the cantrips, a few first level slots in my back pocket, access to a familiar... even though, on paper, Battlemaster would have been better (or only 1-2 levels of fighter). I just felt too naked with only 2 slots. And a hexblade it's even tighter, 50% at least of your warlock stuff goes to make yourself a better fighter, you have a lot less tricks up your sleeve than a standard warlock.

gargoyleking

Adventurer
I feel you. See it's why I took Eldrich Knight - double the cantrips, a few first level slots in my back pocket, access to a familiar... even though, on paper, Battlemaster would have been better (or only 1-2 levels of fighter). I just felt too naked with only 2 slots. And a hexblade it's even tighter, 50% at least of your warlock stuff goes to make yourself a better fighter, you have a lot less tricks up your sleeve than a standard warlock.
I feel ya. I guess I just didn't realize at first, how much of my magic would be wrapped up in 2 slots per short rest and a whole lot of EB spam.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases