(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Angis wanting to mount the crossbow on the roof made me have to think about what the roof looks like. It's a fancy elvish tile with lots of curved lines. Angis stuffed a bunch of hay from the stable into the space between the north guard room and the gatehouse, and added another few bales in front for protection. He spiked the crossbow mounts into the roof (too bad - someone can repair it later). It's a rush-job and won't hold up to, say, a large creature trying to pull it down, but he can fire with it stable enough.

Here's what it looks like:

FloshinRoof.jpg

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I didn't mean for it to post so big. Thinking about it, Angis might want a quick retreat: That corner of the roof near the waterfall would be quite the drop (nearly 20 feet, to ground that's steep). He can load some more hay over there for something for him to land on in case of retreat. If it happens, it'll take an athletics check to jump down without hurting himself, but Angis ought to be able to handle it. Besides, if he leaves the roof, it'll probably be to heroically jump onto someone at the gate.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
How would he get up in the first place? Is there roof access? If not, I imagine he might have chopped out some of those tiles to open a hole to climb through? Basically, is there a retreat inside or not?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
How would he get up in the first place? Is there roof access? If not, I imagine he might have chopped out some of those tiles to open a hole to climb through? Basically, is there a retreat inside or not?
No he probably climbed up from outside from the roof of the war wagon while getting the crossbow off (which was then pushed back in and sealed up behind the hidden doors.)

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Sorry to be out of focus for a few days. I'm back now. I think Tommi is absolutely going to try to take the back exit. IC post incoming.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
So... Is Tommi and Escella going to run forward for a quick scout? (I assume those were the rolls that @Kobold Stew gave me, but they were just as good for getting up the Waterfall Safely and unseen!)

If so, I guess I'd like a second set for Tommi, and a set of rolls (described a few posts back) from @jmucchiello Escella. @Prickly Pear Lionel can go too if he's feeling brave! (Angis is busy with the crossbow, and Dandin's probably finding a spot for his bear, but he could go if @gargoyleking wants him to).

Otherwise, I'll just skip forward and we can start a combat.

Remove ads