(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Why would they do that? For all they know we are just highwaymen trying to kill them. Taking actions that don't save their own lives in the event we are interested in the prisoners makes no sense. I don't think Gnolls are known for their dedication to "the cause" above their dedication to "staying alive".
Gnolls are generally unpredictable psychopaths who will certainly do things that "just don't make sense". However, there's no reason to think that they would hold live prisoners only to kill them just because someone starts attacking them. Unless, of course, you make it obvious that you're here to rescue them. Then the gnolls might kill them to spite you, or hold them hostage to influence you. Then again, they are far more likely to just try to kill you.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
We have a bit of a mess. Everyone attacked the same Worg as the fog would obscure. That seems off to me, so I'm gonna play fast-and-loose with your targeting. I'll make all the long-range attacks go to the further away Worg and the close-range ones go to the closer one. This will give the closer one a chance to attack, which I suppose you probably meant to avoid, but the fog cloud is best where it also obscures the route to the camp, to keep the gnolls from noticing their guards go down. Trust me, this will work as intended, if not 100% as you meant for it to go down.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I am expressing my displeasure. Escalla would go for the worg who could do damage to her or her friends first. Please do not edit the scene like this again.

Sigh. Whatever.

I was trying to move things along and I felt that not alerting the camp (by say, moving the cloud up to the other worg, so that any gnoll that looked down the path could watch you all shoot the other worg, or NOT having the fog cloud there when you shoot the worg, which would amount to the same thing and THEN have the cloud surrounding a dead body (and therefore have been pointless to cast).

I was trying to make the round work as close to what seemed to be your group's intent as possible, but if a PC taking a little bit of damage gets under your skin, well, I don't know what to tell you.

EDIT: (Having reread what I wrote, it comes off as more annoyed than I probably mean it to be - I will take your complaint under advisement, but please understand that the round was a bit of a mess, as I pointed out a few posts back. I did my best to work it out. Maybe this time wasn't the best. PBP can be tricky, unless you want to spend even longer each round (already takes forever). We do what we can.)

Last edited:

I wouldn't mind if the fog obscures the body of the dead worg, that way even if gnolls or the other worg see something amiss, they don't immediately feel the threat of death.

And yes, I was waiting for everyone to go (Escella is explicitly mentioned because I thought only she didn't have a go at the worg)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Does how I worked it out not work for everyone, then? It seemed like a better use of your attacks and spells to me. You'll almost definitely achieve your goal of taking out the worgs here - the other way I don't really see it. I dunno. I can't guess what you're thinking. I guess I should have just had you overkill worg2 and leave worg1 alone to raise the alarm?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases