D&D 5E (OOC) Vault of the Dracolich 5E (Full)

tglassy

Adventurer
We aren't killing anything without a long rest. Terrus and Pyrus are almost out of juice. I thought I saw in a previous post that Fitz said if we survived we'd get a long rest, so I've been using the Psi points. Without that rest, Pyrus and Terrus become greatly depowered.

In other words, your wizards are almost out of spell slots.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

Fradak

Explorer
Ok then wall the temple door and we run south, kill the rest of what you left alive and disappear in the caves. Because I don't see any long rest with Barnaby knocking at the door.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
We'll leave that wall, and leave Terrus and pyrus' rounds where they are. It'll keep the ones to the south from joining. He'll just move towards the east room. We'll see what happens, and next round we can see what's what.

Got it.

Part of me says to just jump through the obelisk. Pyrus can blanket the whole room in darkness, then he and Terrus, using a Psi point to get Tremorsense, can help everyone into the obelisk.

It's a viable option.

Could we have the Wizard guy use the stones to teleport the River Gang over to them?

Takes too long.

I think there is no disadvantage to be in a darkness. We hit target we don't see (disadvantage) but we are invisible to them (advantage). It cancels each other. At least by RAW. So the main advantage is that they can't see us doing what we need to do. But if we fight it's a normal fight. I suppose it makes range attacks hardly conceivable and cancel any spell cast with line of sight.

Yup. It's a bit weird, so most of the time I fudge it a bit to make it work better than that, but darkness is definitely not "you can't see, I win." (not that T is suggesting it is).

Teleport takes 10 minutes to cast. I'm still pushing the escape plan as one character is hardly necessary for the mission to continue. But losing a whole party and 3 statues would put a serious hamper on the mission objective.

That would be bad, yes.

Do we have a clue about glyph on the north door?

No one has checked it, IIRC.

I have an other silly plan. Next round Lorenn sends Eko on the temple, cast flaming ball, Terrus wall the doors and by Eko's eyes Lorenn burns them all with a 15ft by 15ft moving fire area of effect. Then we cast revivify on Bob ( if Sesto has it) and we go kill this dracolich.

In a perfect world...

We aren't killing anything without a long rest. Terrus and Pyrus are almost out of juice. I thought I saw in a previous post that Fitz said if we survived we'd get a long rest, so I've been using the Psi points. Without that rest, Pyrus and Terrus become greatly depowered. In other words, your wizards are almost out of spell slots.

Yes, if you kill everyone (or even nearly everyone) there will be no-one left to stop you. We're not quite at that point yet, but there is a good chance that they won't want to pursue without a rest of their own. We'd have to see. Depends on where you go, and what happens on your way out.

Ok then wall the temple door and we run south, kill the rest of what you left alive and disappear in the caves.

It's an option.

tglassy

Adventurer
To hell with it. Let's just kill them all. Next round, let's get Barbary and his minions. I'll put a fireball in them, hopefully missing any friendlier, and Terrus will try to get to Barnaby, or at least do something. If we're having a hard time hitting him, I can make his armor go away for a round. Let's just focus on killing Barnaby and his men. There aren't that many left, I don't think.

tglassy

Adventurer
Get those Spirit Guardians up, Terrus will work on battlefield control. Pyrus will be out is Psi points next round, but will hopefully take out a number of baddies.

Remove ads