• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (OOC) Vault of the Dracolich 5E (Full)

River Song

Explorer
I get the impression they are now alert to us, so is that likely?

I was going to suggest for Kurzon to take on the undead (protected by the spell) while the rest deal with the living and come back.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Kurzon, also want to wait for the guards inn the room to be distracted.

The guards were momentarily distracted (looking toward the store-room) but they weren't about to go in there (it's got undead!) So Kurzon took the opportunity to attempt the grate, and he failed.

The choice at this point is pretty much "bust the grate ASAP and get in there" or "quit and run away". I won't lie. First one through the grate is going to get shot at. A lot.

River Song

Explorer
IC thread Udit unlocked the grate and Kurzon gave it a push.

Second attempt got 24.

Can Kurzon move out next turn as part of his move action and then declare dodge?

Also, Kurzon had Darkvision so should be able to see the attackers when he pops out?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
IC thread Udit unlocked the grate and Kurzon gave it a push.

Second attempt got 24.

Can Kurzon move out next turn as part of his move action and then declare dodge?

Also, Kurzon had Darkvision so should be able to see the attackers when he pops out?

You're getting the grates backwards. Or wait, maybe I am. I thought that Kurzon was forcing the grate where the people are (the Prison), and Udit was making a noise in the Store-Room. We'd better figure this out before we get any further...

The prison grate (guards) is the one that's stuck and needs forcing (as an action). The store-room grate (undead) can be opened as an action with no check.

River Song

Explorer
Ahh, that makes sense.

I changed my IC action, it will make more sense. Casting Shield of Faith for a +2 AC bonus and moving into the room to get peppered :)

Remove ads