• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Section 9/Spycraft OOC Thread

I'm awarding a bonus action die to Vardeman. I'm pleased to see that you are saving the action dice for that critical moment. I'm doubly pleased to see that Gheust is being clever as well. Many players often overlook the TAKE 10 and TAKE 20 options. Note that I'll also be awarding action die for doing something with style, witty/funny/appropriate IC remarks, clever insights, and for active participation in the game.

Remember, bonus action dice also come with extra XP.

I have also set up an Action Dice Counter on my website to track the total AD for each agent and to keep a log of when the AD are used and when bonus action dice are awarded.

Lock and Keypad on the Utility Tunnel Reinforced Door

Gheist and Raven can take 10 and 20 in this situation. The electronic keypad isn't very sophisticated and will not log any repeated attempts to bypass or disable.

Gheist takes 10 to bypass the electronic combination lock
Gheist's Open Lock vs DC 20: 20=10+5:Ranks+3:Int+2:Misc

This will allow the agents to open the door once. If the door is closed and locked later on, the agents must make another attempt to bypass the door. Having successfully bypassed the door once will grant a +3 bonus on any further attempts to bypass.

Disabling the keypad and picking the lock on the door will grant the agent's unlimited without having to repeatedly bypass the door. The risk with disabling this security device lies in the chance that someone will inspect the keypad and discover that it has been tampered with.

While Gheist is busy with the keypad lock, I'll assume that Raven will open the lock on the Reinforced Door and take 20.
Raven's Open Lock vs DC 25: 33=20+6:Ranks+3:Dex+2:Gadget(Belt/Lockpicks)+2:Misc.

The +2 miscellaneous modifier comes from the security details provided during the briefing.

Last edited:

Hurricain

First Post
Oh ya still here. I check the boards at least once a day. I have been waiting for Hammerhead to reply. I can go on with the mission if you like , if she bows out.
Cain

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads