Shadowrun using DnD5 [OOC]

Went ahead and tried something. If Sovereign or Diggs have anything more specific on what to search for, please do.

[MENTION=6857144]JohnathanH[/MENTION]awke: Not clear, sorry, but that last line as supposed to be an IC, inside his head question :)

[MENTION=6801242]GreenKarl[/MENTION]: This perticular door happens to have a monster behind it though... Though we - bar Davos - haven't heard/seen the details yet, granted

I answered out of character, since I wasn't certain which 'he' you were referring to.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
It''s all good, I think

Shall we vote on where to go first? Simplest way to keep moving, I think. Quickest too.

I'm seeing options:

1. Go west towards the interface plug (and the live corp mage)
  2. Clear the broken-door room and see what''s in there
  3. Try to open another of the big doors (one without a monster in it)
  4. Something else?

Strangely enough, I'm leaning towards 2 right now, although present recon events might change my mind...

Last edited:

GreenKarl

First Post
I can roll the Tools (MagLock) check for Juno but I still want to kind of confirm the order of things...

1.) Juno unlocks door
2.) Something throws a flash-bang through the gap in the door
3.) Someone makes a Strength check to open the door? OR one person uses the gap to shot at whatever is inside the room

Binder Fred

NTentsity is proposing

1. Chuck grenade through gap in the door (Bessy can do it with TK for extra precision (right between it and the wall to drive it in view))
2. Shoot beasty until dead through the gap (Juno on NTensity''s shoulders? Fluffy on same?)
3. Open presents

GreenKarl

First Post
:D Well ok but the room is fairly big so you are hoping it stands there to let you shot it lots BUT if that is the plan lets have some rolls :)

So "Bessy" is the spirit I am guessing. So it going to uses Mage Hand to make it land at the feet of whatever is inside correct? Bessy needs a AOE attack roll which is basically just an ranged attack check vs. DC 10 at disadvantage as it can't see the target. IT could manifest inside the room and then make the check normal but then whatever is inside might also attack it...

Binder Fred

Stands, or runs around in blind pain/rage. Something like that :)

I'll wait for the others to speak up as it's a team plan and going through that door wasn't NTensity's idea to begin with, but I'm pretty sure we can do better that 10 with disadv with a little extra work.

General notes on flahbangs:

- Not sure from the text if the area of effect is supposed to be radius, diameter or a 10 feet square?

- Duration till end of next turn seems way too short. I'd suggest something like "target saves vs dc at end of its turn until recovered"? It''s got to be powerful enough to make you *want* those eyes and ear mods :)

GreenKarl

First Post
True its not realistic at all but if (and when) its used against the players I don't want someone totally helpless for more then a round or two at max. Maybe a Constitution save with the same DC but +2 cumulative bonus at the start of each of your turns...

The AOE as per the PHB so 10ft radius.

Binder Fred

So, if I’m reading the grenade rules correctly that means we have no chance of missing with a +2 Tohit? (Max deviation 8 feet on a target number of 10 vs a 10 feet radius blast?) Liking those odds *much* better :)

Remove ads