Shadowrun using DnD5 [OOC]

GreenKarl

First Post
Well you always miss on an 1, and the 'attack roll' for grenades it to get everyone effectively within the AOE. Then they get a saving throw (varies) to half or no affect, etc. If you 'miss' then the grenade deviates some distance, depending on your attack roll. If targets are still within the AOE they gain advantage on their save. If you roll a natural 20 on your attack roll then targets are at disadvantage to their saves.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
I can see where you're going, but doesn't this make grenade-effectIveness very dependant on the skill of he tosser? Which seems a bit odd for grenades, of all things? (Vs, say, bursdt fire). Requiring both a to hit and a save (and a deviation roll) makes it a bit heavy rule-wise too...

I'd suggest going back to 5e''s area effect rules (no tohit, 1/2 dam on save), with save DC modified by tosser''s Dex? Save success means either being on the edge of he blast radius to begin with or managing to find cover in time.

If you really want to simulate the friendly-fire/colateral effect of grenades (and it seems you do :) ), how about upping the fumble number to 2 or 3 and state that fumbles result in he grenade malfunctioning , being tossed back or landing in the worst possible spots, evil GM laughter encouraged? :)

GreenKarl

First Post
Hmmm maybe. I know my rules add some rule complexity I just have a hard time with "it goes right where I want it to", especially as I allow you to throw them 'blind' as it where. So how about the following...

"When attacking with a hand grenade, rifled grenade launcher or mortar AOE attack, you chose where the explosive is going to land. If you do not have Line of Sight on the AOE then all affected targets gain Advantage on any Saving Throw verse any affects."

Binder Fred

Looks good, and fits with the Total Concealment rules <thumb 's up>

Bearing in mind that tossing a 10' blast into a 10' room (or a 3' airduct) should be the same as seeing where you're aiming ;)

GreenKarl

First Post
So I added the AOE (Explosives) to the "New Situations & Actions" section and then under EXPLOSIVES I changed it to the following...

"All ranged explosives and grenade-like weapons have two range increments. Within the first increment use the standard AOE attack as above. For long range attacks (the second increment) all targets within the affected area gain Advantage on their saving throws vs. the affects. If this attack is also an indirect attack (see above) then the targets also gain Resistance to any damage dealt by the attack. This stacks with 1/2 damage from a successful save.

Hand grenades still count as Simple Weapons for proficiency and are thrown with a base range of 30/60.

Grenade Launchers have a range of 100/500. These grenades must be specially made to be fired from a grenade launcher. They cost twice as much as a normal grenade of the same type. These type of grenades have the two setting as normal grenades but they can also be set with air-burst. This allows the weapon to explode in the air where the operator can still see and ignore the indirect penalty if the attacker wishes (he still has to guess where the weapon is going to explode; but the resistant affect can still be applied as the situations described above). This requires a DC 10 tool use check to set property and always requires 15 feet of movement."

GreenKarl

First Post
OK thanks. I will roll for you here.

I think the best bet right now is to go with NTensity's plan as no one else has offered any objections. The best shots/ranged damage dealers in the group are Juno and Fluffy I would think

Binder Fred

Diversion coming right up!

(An ISP not getting things right on the first try? I am shocked. Shocked I tell you!
(Par for the course, unfortunately. Good luck and hang in there, Shayuri))

Remove ads