• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Smudges - All Core books

Caerin

First Post
Creased and wavy...

Got the box set from my local gaming store. Pages are also wavy for the PHB and DMG, but not quite as bad as the MM. However, some pages in the PHB have flattened creases in them, which is really annoying...

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
Just got back from a local game shop, and the owner said all of his shipments were all wavy paper.

Methinks this is not an isolated problem. Looks like WotC is contracting out to a new printer with crappy quality paper. Nice and glossy, but the paper didn't take too well to the moisture from the inks.

Filcher

First Post
This is REALLY disappointing to read. My copies are still in the mail, but I confess that I'm starting to dread seeing what shape they are in.

kclark

First Post
My pages are slightly wavy, but putting them in my backpack snuggly has flattened them out considerably. My MM however has really bad creases that remind me more of perforations. They seriously feel like I am going to pull half the page off when trying to turn it.
Oh and my basement flooded which got my receipt. Hopefully I can still exchange the MM. Luckily my books were in my car at the time.

The Grackle

First Post
My DMG has wavy paper (maybe from the humidity) and some wicked creases on a few pages. I don't really care though; they'll end up dog-eared, battered, and soaked in coffee within a few years anyway.

ki11erDM

Explorer
Sounds like good quality American workmanship at the printing press to me. I guess they should have out sourced it to China like everyone else.

Oh and I have not gotten mine yet… part of the Amazon fiasco. Should be getting them from B&N any day.

Moon-Lancer

First Post
does anyone here NOT have wavy pages?

Anyway, the 3.5 books where really good quality. I worry about my 4e books because they seem alot like spell compendium, and those were smudgy like mud. I admit, I have a high acidic level in my fingers.

I had some plastic bags from Disney world (with the illusion of life kept safely within). The bags smudged all over my hands and shirt over the course of the day. They said this was the first time it had ever happened, but I got a free shirt out of it, but my old shirt was ruined. Lucky my book was ok, but still, I never had a problem with smudges on the 3.5 core books.

*edit*

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads