D&D (2024) So what's with 2024 and beyond?

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Recycled art makes sense. Except the Lolth piece isn’t recycled, but maybe it was concept art.
Yeah, it looks awfully good for concept art. Looking at the full piece, you could slap some 5E trade dress on there for "Webs of the Spider Queen" and I would believe it is a book.

E2VPPi3VgAAkKqq.jpeg

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Hence what I meant when I said "recontextualize". They may make that picture important in hindsight, but any future meaning cannot be gleaned from the clues we have now.
Oh, definitely calculated to not give anything away, really. Though with the knowledge now of the S3 and S4 hints, Lolth and Q1 seem plausible.

Last edited:

Kurotowa

Legend
@darjr Vance Kovacs confirmed this was for WotC. Given this was 2021, sort of wonder if they delayed a product a couple years because it would fit the Anniversary so well...
Books take a long time to complete. Several years is standard, not an anomaly. Remember the whole flap over the AI assisted art in Glory of the Giants, and how they said the art pieces in question had been turned in before the prompt generated AI art engines went public? That's typical. So no, no specific delays here, I expect.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Books take a long time to complete. Several years is standard, not an anomaly. Remember the whole flap over the AI assisted art in Glory of the Giants, and how they said the art pieces in question had been turned in before the prompt generated AI art engines went public? That's typical. So no, no specific delays here, I expect.
It's true that they take a vit of time, for D&D books the usual turnaround is about 2 years, and the cover being finished isn't something completed that early in the process. Though, if we are seeing something with Lollth in, say Q1 (First Quarter, though maybe alao Queen of the Demonwb Pits)...for the on-the-dot Anniversary date, say...then yeah, maybe they started with the cover.because theyblnew what they wanted.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
I call the core rulebook products 5E14 and 5E24 as needed for clarity's sake. What they are ultimately called doesn't matter to me in the slightest, as the only time I'm going to need to distinguish which version of D&D I am talking about when talking about D&D is you people. My home groups or other people I meet face-to-face will just know the conversations as 'D&D', and which version of it won't matter a lick.

Remove ads