D&D (2024) So what's with 2024 and beyond?

Reynard

Legend
On the idea of "edition":

I think it is important to remember that 5E ("Five Ee") actually has meaning in the broader D&D playing community, especially after the OGL kerfuffle. You hear lots of commenters use the term to zero in on the rules distinct from WotC's efforts. Tales of the Valiant is a 5E game. LevelUp is a 5E game. Cubicle7 has a 5E line. None of these are D&D, intentionally so.

WotC surely knows this and is not going to disengage from that portion of the audience by calling 2024 anything other than 5E. Even people that play TotV are going to buy some WotC 5E books.

Remathilis

Legend
Whoa! There are other things hidden in that video!

Who are these people?!

This one is from Van Richten's Guide

e45e75f2f048eeb30c99ac6731fdc91d.jpg

Parmandur

Book-Friend
My guess is vibes. Recycled art to invoke the feeling of a setting.
Not so sure, since we know thst Ravenloft is showing up in the Becna Advdnture: Perkins ran part of the Ravenloft bit from the new book at Gameholecon. So, do yoy.knkw the context, or is any given in the text? I'd check, but I am currently held down by a sleeping infant.

Remathilis

Legend
Not so sure, since we know thst Ravenloft is showing up in the Becna Advdnture: Perkins ran part of the Ravenloft bit from the new book at Gameholecon. So, do yoy.knkw the context, or is any given in the text? I'd check, but I am currently held down by a sleeping infant.
It's the chapter starter art for the Travelers in the Mists section and the pic says something to the effect of The Keepers of the Feather summoning a malevolent spirit during a seance. Since the spirit is not named, my guess is that it is a generic "stand in for Ravenloft" pic unless they are intentionally going back to recontextualize it. But there is nothing in VGR that gives it further importance other than to introduce us to a group of wereraven spiritualists who can be allies in the setting.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
It's the chapter starter art for the Travelers in the Mists section and the pic says something to the effect of The Keepers of the Feather summoning a malevolent spirit during a seance. Since the spirit is not named, my guess is that it is a generic "stand in for Ravenloft" pic unless they are intentionally going back to recontextualize it. But there is nothing in VGR that gives it further importance other than to introduce us to a group of wereraven spiritualists who can be allies in the setting.
Well, Vecna is a Dreadlord at times: maybe the Keepers of the Feather are enemies of hia in particular.

Remove ads