Star Trek: Enterprise {Spoiler Talk} 2.18.05

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
The thing that annoys me is that if the klingons are supposedly infected with this, and it turns them all into humans, how do they explain why "Kahless" in the original series episode "The Savage Curtain" doesn't have ridges?

I think they should have just let it lie and recognized that there were makeup/budget limitations in the 60s.

devilish

Explorer
Good Episode I thought -- though I'm a little late on the Enterprise
bandwagon....what is Section 31? And what is the Temporal Cold War?

thanks

Orius

Legend
DaveMage said:
The thing that annoys me is that if the klingons are supposedly infected with this, and it turns them all into humans, how do they explain why "Kahless" in the original series episode "The Savage Curtain" doesn't have ridges?

I think this was covered in the Star Trek Chronology or the Star Trek Encyclopedia (don't remember which one at the moment). I'm not sure how "official" or "canonical" this is, but it was speculated that Kahless as presented in "The Savage Curtain" is probably an image of Kahless drawn from Kirk's mind by Yarnek rather than the actual Kahless himself. That's why Kahless appears as just another Klingon bad guy of the week in "The Savage Curtain", but is presented much differently in TNG.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Orius said:
I think this was covered in the Star Trek Chronology or the Star Trek Encyclopedia (don't remember which one at the moment). I'm not sure how "official" or "canonical" this is, but it was speculated that Kahless as presented in "The Savage Curtain" is probably an image of Kahless drawn from Kirk's mind by Yarnek rather than the actual Kahless himself. That's why Kahless appears as just another Klingon bad guy of the week in "The Savage Curtain", but is presented much differently in TNG.

OK - I'll buy it.

What the heck, right? :)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
devilish said:
Good Episode I thought -- though I'm a little late on the Enterprise
bandwagon....what is Section 31?

Section 31 is "Trek does conspiracy theory". There is, supposedly, an organization authorized by a secret Article in the Federation Charter. The organization is dedicated to the continuing survival of the Federation, at any cost. They answer to no one, and do any dark deeds that they feel need doing. I believe they first showed up in DS9, mucking with Dr. Bashir a bit.

There is now a series of Section 31 books, one for each series (except Enterprise)

And what is the Temporal Cold War?

The original overarcing plot of the series. Apparently, someone in the future wanted to prevent the formation of the Federation, and was sending information into the past in order to influcnece events, and perhaps prevent the Federation from ever coming into being. They were opposed by future Federation types in a sort of Cold War that spanned the timestream.

Remove ads