• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Trek: Enterprise -[Spoiler Talk]- Stardate:509240

Felon

First Post
Cthulhudrew said:
There are still three or four episodes left until the series finale, and the rest have nothing to do with the mirror universe. Just these last two (a two-parter), but they don't have anything to do with the normal Enterprise universe at all, except for some ties to TOS continuity, and expanding the mirror universe canon.

Well, I saw Truth Seeker's notation "3 of 6" and I'm still not sure what that's a reference to.

I did just finish watching the two episodes and enjoyed them. Why do you say it's a two-parter? It's continued next week. Stop confusing me, folks :)

Good episodes. Nice-looking women too. Did the good T'Pol ever drop the androgynous haircut?

Richards

Legend
I think Truth Seeker just meant that was the third episode of the six that were left before the cancellation of the series.

Next week is the beginning of another two-parter dealing with Colonel Greene (a "humans only on Earth" type), and then we have the final episode. And then that's it.

Johnathan

Sir Brennen said:
I wonder if the writers intended to revisit the Empress an the Mirror Universe in future episodes, before they found out they were cancelled. How that would fit into the continuity of both universes, I don't know, but that's the impression I got at the end of the ep.

Maybe Hoshi was supposed to be the first President of the Federation? Or maybe she would shoot up in the ranks in the next few years and become a hero in the Romulan Wars and be some great Starship captain who turned the tide of the war or something. Yeah, a bit of a stretch for the regular universe version, but it would make an interesting Mirror.

Felon

First Post
Mouseferatu said:
It convinced me that if Paramount really wants to do a new Trek series, and do it right, they need to set it back during the era of the Original Series, but follow the exploits of a different ship and crew. Or at least, I know it's something I'd love to see. I may be in the distinct minority, but I'd much rather that than anything set pre-Kirk or post-Voyager.

Hell, set a new series in the mirror universe.

Call it Star Trek: Evil Humans Aren't Just for B5 Fans Anymore!

drothgery

First Post
Sir Brennen said:
I wonder if the writers intended to revisit the Empress an the Mirror Universe in future episodes, before they found out they were cancelled. How that would fit into the continuity of both universes, I don't know, but that's the impression I got at the end of the ep.

I suspect they were; leaving things with Hoshi as Empress seems a bit of an odd place to stop. I expect the "Mirror Universe" timeline went along the lines of

- Cochrane & co. seize Vulcan exploration ship; use Vulcan tech to conquer earth, and later, build an interstellar empire
- Archer discovers TOS Defiant
- Empress Sato uses the Defiant to crush the rebellion, figures out how its built
- 100 years later, Mirror Universe people are still flying around in copies of the Defiant, because the Empire's a lot better at conquest than science
- Kirk sets up Mirror Spock to take down the Empire
- Mirror Spock succeeds, Empire then conquered by Cardassian-led alliance; Mirror Kira runs DS9
- Mirror O'Brien & co. launch rebellion against the Cardassians, builds DS9 Defiant

Torm

Explorer
Yep, except I see that last one more like this:

- Mirror O'Brien & co. join the group that had been the rebellion against the Empire, now refocused to rebel against the Cardassians, builds copy of DS9 Defiant, in part because its a small tough ship, but also because the schematics T'Pol sent the rebellion for the old Defiant played a pivotal role and have made the name "Defiant" take on special significance to the rebels. ;)

Torm

Explorer
The Gorn could've stood to be more humanoid - pun intended. But I'd have forgiven that if they had given him multifaceted eyes. As it was, he was a Jurassic Park reject. :]

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Torm said:
The Gorn could've stood to be more humanoid - pun intended. But I'd have forgiven that if they had given him multifaceted eyes. As it was, he was a Jurassic Park reject. :]

Yeah. That and he jumped around like he was interbred with a kangaroo..... :uhoh: Didn't really look too much like a Gorn...

myrdden

First Post
It was a good enough episode. Typical Trek though - good first part, followed by weaker second part.

I'm not sure if I like the Defiant staying in the mirror-verse however. Seems too far of a stretch that the TOS crew would encounter an Empire that was at an equivalent level of tech - even though they have had access to the more advanced tech for about a centuary.

No biggie though - it was at least fun to watch. Especially the old-constitution class. That was cool...

Remove ads