Star Trek: Enterprise -[Spoiler Talk]- Stardate:501540

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
"Bound" Series and Season Finale: 1 of 6.
After Archer (Scott Bakula) forges a deal with the Orions, their trader presents him with a gift -- three alluring Orion women. Ooh la la! They proceed to seduce all the men onboard the Enterprise, except Trip (Connor Trinneer). Trip's presence, meanwhile, begins to grate on new chief engineer Kelby (Derek Magyar).

Cast: Scott Bakula, Connor Trinneer, Jolene Blalock, Dominic Keating, Anthony Montgomery, Linda Park, John Billingsley, Derek Magyar, Cyia Batten, Crystal Allen, Menina Fortunato, William Lucking, Christopher Jewett, Duncan Fraser.

Director(s): Allan Kroeker.

Producer(s): Rick Berman, Brannon Braga.

Writer(s): Manny Coto.

I wonder how many drool buckets I would need for this one.:p

James Heard

Explorer
The only thought that came to me the whole episode is "Man, could they afford worse looking wigs or dye-jobs?" I was sort of disappointed they didn't have more on the Orion captain, who really was one of the better walk-on bad guys they've managed so far in the charisma department I think.

It only reinforces my view that Enterprise should have dealt with Orions-Klingons-Vulcans-Andorians rather than temporal cold sores and genocidal whatevers the whole time. Oh yes, and Manny Coto should have been in charge the whole time too.

mojo1701

First Post
James Heard said:
The only thought that came to me the whole episode is "Man, could they afford worse looking wigs or dye-jobs?" I was sort of disappointed they didn't have more on the Orion captain, who really was one of the better walk-on bad guys they've managed so far in the charisma department I think.

It only reinforces my view that Enterprise should have dealt with Orions-Klingons-Vulcans-Andorians rather than temporal cold sores and genocidal whatevers the whole time. Oh yes, and Manny Coto should have been in charge the whole time too.

I think that a Temporal Cold War would've worked in a future Generation or something. I didn't mind the TCW. It was an interesting concept, being a prime example of a Pogo Paradox.

mojo1701

First Post
David Howery said:
kind of a nice fluffy episode... didn't add anything major to the whole ST saga, but it was a nice bit of entertainment....

Just caught the rerun. Then braved 30 min of a Simpsons episode just so I didn't have to leave my couch before Season Finale of Arrested Development. THAT was pure comedic genious.

It was a fun episode, although I thought that the women WERE the slaves. I mean, in the Cage, during the Orion Dancer fantasy, and in ENT episode "Borderland," it was the women who were being sold.

Orius

Legend
mojo1701 said:
It was a fun episode, although I thought that the women WERE the slaves. I mean, in the Cage, during the Orion Dancer fantasy, and in ENT episode "Borderland," it was the women who were being sold.

That's what made it a great twist. Everyone pretty much assumed that Orion women were subservient sex object up until now. This episode pretty much dashed that assumption to bits. They may act passive and submissive, but in reality they're in control the whole time and know exactly what they're doing. i'd say that makes them even more dangerous than they seemed before.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Did anyone catch the 'dragon-type' reference of flying winged reptiles of ya...100 to 300 meters in length, and breathes...FIRE!!!:D

All in all, I love it...and it was good to see Trip and T'Pol, sorta...clear the air on the relationship. Mayweather had the right idea...PUMP IT out!!! LOL.

Looking past all that...believe it or not...my television watchers....but as a friend said last night, watching it by phone conversation. We witness the original Drow setting.

"We are both slaves...to the situation":lol: And he was right...thanks Rodenberry!!!

Remove ads