• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Star Trek: Enterprise -[Spoiler Talk]- Stardate:509240

Torm

Explorer
myrdden said:
even though they have had access to the more advanced tech for about a centuary.
I don't know - we've had that crashed ship at Roswell for quite a while now, and we're still stuck in our solar system. ;)

Seriously, though, reverse engineering is still time consuming, even if it doesn't take as long as 'from scratch'. And the Empire seemed more likely to spend their resources making quantity, rather than quality. Also, we don't know exactly what the weapons systems on the I.S.S. Enterprise 1701 looked like compared to the regular Enterprise - maybe they were ahead, and their research was mostly in weapons enhancement rather than hull design?

Torm

Explorer
myrdden said:
Especially the old-constitution class. That was cool...
Did you realize that there were also some of those in the debris at Wolf 359, and in Sisko's assembled fleet on DS9? I guess in emergencies, they pull some out of mothballs. ;)

Vigilance

Explorer
myrdden said:
I'm not sure if I like the Defiant staying in the mirror-verse however. Seems too far of a stretch that the TOS crew would encounter an Empire that was at an equivalent level of tech - even though they have had access to the more advanced tech for about a centuary.

Except they weren't going to have access to that technology.

That would be cooperation.

That would be the Captain of the biggest stick in the mirror-verse giving up his edge. They proved they weren't going to reap the benefits of that tech by Archer's reaction: "Stand down and let us reverse engineer it" Archer "I always wanted to disintegrate someone".

That's why it's the MIRROR universe. Hoshi wasn't going to let anyone reverse engineer that ship anymore than Archer. She was probably killed by someone shortly after that episode ended (maybe Travis)... and that ship probably passed through a LOT of hands before it was inevitably destroyed and left the Empire a little better off, since they had that amazing ship for awhile, but not as well off as an Empire that could actually cooperate.

You guys seem to think the Empire acts like the Federation would.

Which is why mirror didn't Kirk turn over the Tantalus device to starfleet so they could make a lot of them. That would give the Empire a huge advantage. But he was worried about HIMSELF.

Just like Archer, and Sato.

Chuck

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Richards said:
I think Truth Seeker just meant that was the third episode of the six that were left before the cancellation of the series.

Next week is the beginning of another two-parter dealing with Colonel Greene (a "humans only on Earth" type), and then we have the final episode. And then that's it.

Johnathan
:eek: hehheheheheh

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
drothgery said:
I suspect they were; leaving things with Hoshi as Empress seems a bit of an odd place to stop. I expect the "Mirror Universe" timeline went along the lines of

- Cochrane & co. seize Vulcan exploration ship; use Vulcan tech to conquer earth, and later, build an interstellar empire
- Archer discovers TOS Defiant
- Empress Sato uses the Defiant to crush the rebellion, figures out how its built
- 100 years later, Mirror Universe people are still flying around in copies of the Defiant, because the Empire's a lot better at conquest than science
- Kirk sets up Mirror Spock to take down the Empire
- Mirror Spock succeeds, Empire then conquered by Cardassian-led alliance; Mirror Kira runs DS9
- Mirror O'Brien & co. launch rebellion against the Cardassians, builds DS9 Defiant

*blink, blink* Wow...now that is indeed a full circle trip...:D

jasper

Rotten DM
missed the first part. Got into the second part 15 min in Friday and saw the first 15 min today. I like the opening credits and nice popcorn for the show. Bad thing is for havine to explan who the black guy security guard was. It when like this
Wife I recogize the most the cast in their new uniforms but who was the black guy who just stood. around?
Me. He was the navitigor . etc.
Wife I don't remember.
Me, Mention when his episode where he went to his parents home ship and his brother in charge.
Wife. Still don't remember.
me. Alright in 22nd century Black guys are still the driving the car and ms daisy ms hosi, and Mr. Archer around in space.
I like it but just wish I caught the first part. My station had taken to showing Top Model too in the Friday time slot.

Sir Brennen

Legend
myrdden said:
I'm not sure if I like the Defiant staying in the mirror-verse however. Seems too far of a stretch that the TOS crew would encounter an Empire that was at an equivalent level of tech - even though they have had access to the more advanced tech for about a centuary.
Which is what kinda made me wonder if they intended to revisit the mirror universe in a future episode, possibly involving the Fed universe in the destruction of the Defiant.

Guess we'll never know. :(

TanisFrey

First Post
Felon said:
Hell, set a new series in the mirror universe.

Call it Star Trek: Evil Humans Aren't Just for B5 Fans Anymore!

Here is a better idea for a new series: do both sides.
How to do it:

1) Each episode is written twice, once for Fed universe, once for Dark Mirror. They could air the story of the Fed universe one week followed by the Dark Mirror the next. Mixing the 2 could be too confusing most of the time.

2) The Ship/Station/Setting is the only set "character". Yes kill the Main characters in Dark Mirror and transfer them in Fed universe. {They have only Killed the Main character what only 4 times total in 29 years of TV and 10 movies, Kirk (ST:Generation), Spock (ST:II), Jadiza Dax (ST:DS9), Tashia Yar (ST:TNG). Dr Who on the other had was much less violent and still killed off 3 or 4 main characters other the the Doctor in 28 years TV and 1 TV movie.}

3) NO CROSSING THE CHARACTERS FROM ONE UNIVERSE TO THE OTHER

Last edited:

myrdden

First Post
Torm said:
Seriously, though, reverse engineering is still time consuming, even if it doesn't take as long as 'from scratch'. And the Empire seemed more likely to spend their resources making quantity, rather than quality. Also, we don't know exactly what the weapons systems on the I.S.S. Enterprise 1701 looked like compared to the regular Enterprise - maybe they were ahead, and their research was mostly in weapons enhancement rather than hull design?

Possibly - but since they have access to the databanks on the Defiant I find that explanation unlikely. Still it was an entertaining episode, just not as solid as the first part.

Remove ads