• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

stonegod's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft: Ch. II [OOC]

James Heard

Explorer
stonegod said:
And Janis' energy drain will become negative levels unless she saves (for each) in less than 24hrs.
Not much to be done about it except hate on Sacred Cows and wrongfun though. Suffice it to say that Janis has enough baggage these days that I'm not as attached to her as I once was, her days are numbered. :p

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
James Heard said:
Not much to be done about it except hate on Sacred Cows and wrongfun though. Suffice it to say that Janis has enough baggage these days that I'm not as attached to her as I once was, her days are numbered. :p
Party's got the means to fix it (restoration), though they'll have to find 100gp of diamond dust (not as bad as the potential 5000 for raise dead).

Stormwind

First Post
Regarding rest, I would suggest that Jarrith, Marot and Khensu stand guard whilst the rest of us get two hours of rest. Then Jarrith, Tessa and Ashlyn cast Lesser restoration spells on Jarrith, Marot and Khensu. That should leave all of us properly rested and ready for the rest of the day.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
I have two Lesser Restorations left, so I can cast it on myself and another person to eliminate fatigure.

And stonegod, what is the reasoning why Ashlyn and Tessa receives more XP than the other characters for the attack in the chapel? I'm not sure I'm following.

Last edited:

stonegod

DEFCON 1 said:
And stonegod, what is the reasoning why Ashlyn and Tessa receives more XP than the other characters for the attack in the chapel? I'm not sure I'm following.
Lower level PCs for same CR (remember, Jarrith/Marot/Janis are 8th, Tessa is 7th, and Ashlyn was fighting as a 6th level character).

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
stonegod said:
Lower level PCs for same CR (remember, Jarrith/Marot/Janis are 8th, Tessa is 7th, and Ashlyn was fighting as a 6th level character).
Ah! Right! Thanx!

BTW - Would you like me to post Khensu on our current Rogue's Gallery thread? I can either add him to Jarrith's entry at the end, or create a whole new post for him at the bottom of the RG thread, if that would help? (It might actually help me just to remind myself of the abilities that he has as a paladin/rogue/inquistor).

stonegod

DEFCON 1 said:
BTW - Would you like me to post Khensu on our current Rogue's Gallery thread? I can either add him to Jarrith's entry at the end, or create a whole new post for him at the bottom of the RG thread, if that would help? (It might actually help me just to remind myself of the abilities that he has as a paladin/rogue/inquistor).
That'd be great; a new post is preferred. He's not changed since GL's old post, now that he's back to being a paladin. I'm treating him as a cohort, so he get's XP differently now.

Stormwind

First Post
An alternative option regarding fatigue, if Jarrith uses his second lesser restoration on Khensu, then Tessa can use a lesser restoration on Marot and Ashlyn can use hers on herself, which should leave all of us ready to move out straight away :D

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Please see the bottom of my in-game post for the reaction to this latest event. It's pretty much now a "Janis or Jarrith/Khensu" choice the group has to make because there's no longer any way the party can stay grouped as is.

If James wants to stay in the game and keep playing Janis the she is, that's cool... but my characters will drop out. I, DEFCON 1 the player, will still stick with the game... just with a different character (like Ladreth perhaps).

Let's see what we all want to do.

stonegod

DEFCON 1 said:
Let's see what we all want to do.
A bit of the intervention here. Some clarification.

I think the party has definitely noticed something odd going on w/ our girl Janis since the last night. In fact, two other party members have also had some mental issues (and are still suffering under them... their taint has not been cleansed yet). Ashlyn's already has also began to notice something with the other two, and suspects supernatural issue is involved. Jarrith's reaction IC is understandable from his PoV. This is to clarify things in an OOC sense. Janis' current aggression is not all natural (just like Jarrith's recent paranoia and Marot's hearing voices). Such is the nature of taint.

So, I have a question for players. Are folks not enjoying that aspect of the game? If so, it can be excised.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads