The Darkness That Comes Before [IC]

Quirhid

First Post
Taneth will not ride for a while since Sadet was injured badly in the battle. The next day he collected his few things and walked side by side with Sadet.

Taneth got over the battle pretty good. His love was in his mind always and the thought of finding her was strongly in his mind. Nothing could spoil his good mood.

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
Ghostknight said:
"I wonder if we are facing a druid? Surely a druid would have enough knowledge to turn an animal into a plant? A mage could do it but then it would loose its form. An interesting conundrum isn't it?"

"Nae druid in his right mind woulda messed with the order o' things tha way," says Mahe firmly. "'Sides, I know these forests like the back of my hand; if'n there was a druid 'round here prone to settin' animals on travellers, he an' I woulda had a reckoning long ago." Mahe's face is grim.

Thanee

First Post
Dara Dragondaughter

“No druid in his right mind...” Dara repeats those words not addressing anyone in particular. Seems more like she's just thinking loud.

Erekose13

Explorer
The second day of your journey west passes quietly. The sounds of the forest return with insects chirping and small birds flitting in and out of the trees above. The weather above the tree canopy continues to be great with the sun shining high and bright in the sky. In general things are much nicer than the horrors of the night before.

As the sun begins to set Taneth notices that Sadet is looking a little weak and stops every once in a while to tug on the reins. While those with healing have tried to help ease her, she still looks quite ill from her experience. Deciding to call it a night early you find another open glade and this time Taneth remembers to set the alarm before turning in.

Taking turns on watch, the night passes uneventfully. By this time Nalya has offered healing for anyone who might still be injured and has done her best to help brighten Sadet's spirits.

As you begin to pack your gear, Aegis's ears perk open as do Tor's soon after. Donner picks up on it first but the others soon notice the two dogs standing quite still and sniffing the air. Perking your ears you hear a rustle of leaves and looking up you can see a dark shape take wing. It looks roughly humanoid from your vantage point, though it was perched some 200 feet from the campsite and far above the forest floor.

With out the dog's attention you might not have noticed it all, but now it has gone again, obscured completely by the trees overhead.

Ferrix

Explorer
"Blast, it's getting away. 'least I bet that bird o' yours can handle itself," as Mahe orders the eagle into the sky.

"Good dogs," he says, giving Aegis and Tor a hearty pat on each of their heads.

"Whatever's at the dark heart of these forests knows we're a'comin for it, and its eyes are better at seein' us than we are at seein' it." With that, he finishes the morning routine and hopes to make a good long day of it on the trail.

Thanee

First Post
Dara Dragondaughter

“As long as we are better at ripping its heart out, I would call that even,” Dara adds in a rather grim voice.

She obviously feels better now her wounds are completely healed, the plant-wolves' poison doesn't seem to have the same effect on her, as it had on Taneth's horse, even though she certainly got quite a bit of that injected.

Quirhid

First Post
Taneth hears others' comments with growing anger. "What are you saying?!" he replies with eyes full of disgust. "As far as I know it didn't do us any harm. It might have been friendly, but thanks to your blood thirsty hounds it's gone." The elf stays silent for a while waiting for reply. Then he points Mahe and says: "You should know better! Not every creature is evil!"

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Ian stirs himself from the telepathic communication with his crystal and looks at Taneth with a hint of irritation. "The dogs did nothing to frighten the creature. It fled as soon as it realised we had spotted it, and judging from its size and form, not to mention location, it's reasonable to assume that it was spying on us in hostile intent."
He continues in a more civil tone. "There's no need to create conflict within the party simply because we are bored and want something to argue about."
He smirks slightly, realising that's exactly what he himself was doing.

Ferrix

Explorer
Almost in a whisper, Donner growls at Taneth, "my blood thirsty dogs didn't even move so much as an inch from my side, and if that scares you off so be it and leave, but whatever that thing was, it realized it had been seen and took off. And if you ever speak ill of my companions again elf..." Trailing off he spurns the elf and finishes readying his gear for the road.

Approaching Mahe, "good luck to your friend in the sky, I hope we'll gleen something of why it was watching us."

Remove ads