The Evil Eye - IC

kinem

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]Very cool :)[/sblock]

The old steward taps along with the song. "Hmm. Yes, not bad.

Return in a few weeks, and if the Lady is here, you might perform for her.

However, you must find another song. Lady Aderre has little tolerance for the Vistani, with their thieving and treacherous ways and their vile magic.

Good day, then."
He begins to leave.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Wait please. If you have a moment." Jiles says to the retreating steward. "I would like a little more information on the Lady, to... to better help with my song selection. You see I had heard she was Half-Vistani. Is that not true?"

[sblock=OOC]
Thanks I liked it too.

Jiles will try and whittle some info out of the steward if possible. We can RP it or move along but would like to get as close to an actually day to come back as possible.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"By your reaction it is either untrue or not knowledge that shouldn't be known," Jiles says shifting his feet. "If you wish to keep it a secret I will tell no one, honest. There are many rumors about Lady Aderre about. And I have heard so many. Is it true she is a witch?"

OCC: Trying to absorb and deflect. LOL

kinem

Adventurer
"If by that you mean a spellcaster, she is, although 'enchantress' would be the preferred term" Vund tells you. "I would advise you to keep any rumors you might have heard to yourself. Should you play for her, take care to show the Lady appropriate respect. Hmm ... and avoid songs about wolves or monsters, I would say. And now, it is time for you to go."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"A good day to you then sir. And thank you," Jiles says before leaving.

Once away from the castle he turns to Raul. "I think we need to have a talk with Matton, something isn't adding up."

After walking a mile or so he says into the long silence. "Or I'm just becoming more paranoid with age. HA!"

OCC: Going back to town to find Matton.

kinem

Adventurer
Raul lovingly strokes his violin as he re-secures it for travel.

Outside, he replies "The more I hear of this Lady Aderre and her servants, the less I like. You heard what he said about the Vistani - typical ignorant slurs. But I also noted that he didn't actually deny that she is half Vistani. There's a story there, I think. But yes, we should talk to Matton."

The afternoon sky has become overcast. The woods seem to take on a more sinister aspect in the dim light, with strangely gnarled branches protruding towards the path.

The path seemed straightforward enough on the way towards the castle; however, offshoots and even forks seem apparent now. You try to stay on the wider and better traveled route, heading south, but can't be sure it's the same one you took before.

In a small opening in the woods to the side of the path, you see a lone vardo. It appears identical to Raul's. From beyond it, you hear the sound of a baby crying.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Nikko?!" Jiles exclaims quickly casting his haste spell than heading towards the crying.

"Come on Raul!" he shouts form almost thirty yards away.

[sblock=OOC] Cast haste and run towards the sound.[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
ooc: I assume you included Raul in the haste effect.

Raul quickly follows Jiles towards the vardo.

Beyond the vardo is a campsite, and there you see the ornate iron bassinet that was Nikko's cradle. The crying sound is coming from there.

A woman stands beside it. You recognize her as none other then Leyla, Raul's dead wife!

Leyla walks menacingly at Jiles, ignoring Raul, her eyes blazing with fury.

Jiles feels a flash of intense fear but shakes it off.

ooc: Jiles to act

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OCC: Sure should include him. Sorry didn't make that clear.

"You again? I thought. But you can't." Jiles starts to say. "Where is Nikko? If you hurt the people he was with you will pay... oh darn. You don't have a life to pay with."

He moves quickly to see where the baby is and address the ghost once more. "What do you want?"

OCC2: Actions move to bassinet, 60' move right now so shouldn't draw an AoO. And Total DEF. AC = 30 (touch AC 20)

Remove ads