The Evil Eye - IC

kinem

Adventurer
When Jiles peers into the bassinet, though he hears crying, it appears to be empty.

Raul draws his sword. "Leyla, please, you are dead! Your place is no longer here!"

Leyla lunges at Jiles but misses. "Stay out of this, thief!" she tells Raul.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Whoa woman!" Jiles says dodging the ghosts strike. "We both know how this will end. I don't want you to die a second... third time, so please tell me what I can do to put your spirit to rest."

Jiles holds his sword and shield at the ready.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: none
Standard: ready action to attack if she attacks again. Will roll that below just in case. If she does attack then I guess the talking isn't working and will look into finishing this quickly (before the haste wears off).[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
"Murderer! I do not ask any more than my rights!" Leyla reaches toward Jiles again, but he dodges her, and retaliates with a swing of his sword, scratching her.

Raul strikes the woman with his scimitar, causing another minor wound, though his second swing misses.

ooc: Jiles to act

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"What!?" Jiles let's out a cry of confusion. He swings the blade quickly wishing he had the time to inflame it. "What rights do you have? You are dead!"

[sblock=OOC] Full Attack. And if you think it prudent maybe an insight bonus to what she is talking about as I (HM) have no idea, but Raul or Jiles might.[/sblock]

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
Jiles' swing misses, as do Leyla's jab and Raul's swings.

"Perhaps you should be the dead one!" Leyla declares.

Raul is silent as he fights, his expression more troubled than ever.

ooc: Other than perhaps her rights as a mother, Jiles is not sure what she might be talking about.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Then you finally understand that you are dead Leyla. But Nikko is alive." Jiles says as he swings and dodges and swings again. "You don't wish for Nikko to die, do you? He will if you keep doing what you have been doing to him."

kinem

Adventurer
Jiles' sword scores another hit on the woman.

"Liar! You should be ashamed of yourself! A baby needs his mother!"

Scowling, Raul wounds his wife twice as well.

Leyla strikes out and finally hits Jiles. The blow hurts, but besides that, Jiles now finds himself unable to move at all! However, Jiles does feel like he managed to resist a strange effect on his mind.

ooc: Jiles took 6 damage

Raul continues his assault, and with two more strikes, Leyla slowly begins to dissolve like an evaporating fog. Yet as she does, she cackles with gleeful laughter!

Along with her, the vardo, camp and bassinet also slowly vanish.

After a little while, Jiles is able to move again.

"Are you all right?" Raul inquires.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"What did you ever see in..." Jiles starts to say when he can move and speak. Then he calms himself. "Sorry Raul, I..."

"Thanks if you hadn't been her she would have got her wish and I would be dead,"
Jiles says clasoing the man's hand in gratitude. "But the question is, How or why is Leyla here? She is a ghost in two worlds?"

The bard shakes his head. "No time and I am still groggy after whatever she did to me. Let's get back to town and make sure Nikko is alright."

OCC: Expend all Haste spells to speed are way to town. Even though it won;t matter in this world Jiles will learn eventually.

kinem

Adventurer
"She ..." Raul hesitates. He sheathes his sword, and taps his finger on his violin.

"It makes more sense that she'd be in this world than in your world. I guess the Mists carried her back. Though I had hoped that you had put her to rest.

You are right, we must check on Nikko as soon as possible."

The two of you set out again, heading south on the trail. The sun arcs lower in the sky, as the daylight dims seemingly very rapidly.

The trail you are on begins to curve to the right. Soon you are headed more west than south. It continues to curve, tending north. Clearly, you are indeed on the wrong path.

Raul can take no more. He sits down, right in the middle of the path.

"It's no use. We're lost. And it's almost dark. I fear that without your magic Nikko will die tonight. And it's all my fault. Not Leyla's." He begins to sob. "My greed."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The forest road was truly vexing the young bard and he too gave out a cry of anguish. "Doesn't anyone have a map of this place!"

After listening to Raul Jiles becomes confused, and then remembers something. "Leyla called you a thief. What did she mean? And what about your greed causing this?"

Remove ads