The Evil Eye - IC

kinem

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]You spent 5 gp on the House of Mists and got 5 gp from Matton Blanchard, so I'd say OK.[/sblock]

After Raul picks up Nikko from a house nearby, you head toward the inns, and rent a room for 3 gp.

The beds are comfortable enough, and Raul places Nikko in a small crib.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Jiles awakes to the sound of violin music. At first you think it's Raul, but looking at the gypsy by the dim moonlight filtering in from the window, you see that while he is indeed holding his violin as is his habit, he appears to be asleep.

The music grows louder. You aren't able to tell where it's coming from. Outside the window, you see a few people staggering by - drunk from the Carnival no doubt - but the music persists after they're gone.

It gets louder. Louder. Deafening!

Suddenly, the music stops ... only to be replaced by the sound of an infant crying!

The wailing gets louder and louder, until it sounds like a frenzied shrieking!

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Jiles wonders at all the noise and how Raul can sleep through it.

Maybe I'm dreaming, he thinks to himself.

He mutters a cantrip and stares out the window looking for an signs of magical auras.

kinem

Adventurer
Jiles sees no magical auras outside.

Suddenly, the wailing stops. The room is silent now, except for Raul's soft snoring.

Inside the room, other than the only magical auras from Jiles' own magical items, there are auras on a few of Raul's items: sword, buckler, and violin.

Jiles eventually is able to go back to sleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

In the morning, Raul is feeding Nikko when Jiles awakes.

"Good morning. Ah, nothing like a good night's sleep!

So do you want to head for the castle first? It's to the north.

And there's the matter of our new employer. We said we'd meet him today. Since we may not make it back in time, maybe we'd better leave a message for him there."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Groggily Jiles rises from his bed. His sandy brown hair is in disarray and his eyes are still a little bloodshot.

Five more minutes. I could use five more minutes.
he thinks to himself before heading to a wash basin and splashing clear cool water on his face.

"What's that-?" he asks eyes still closed. "Sorry didn't sleep to well. Your right, we'll draw up a note to tell Lord Matton we are following a lead and will more than likely miss our meeting. Soon as we can find some parchment."

With that Jiles digs out his equipment from his magical bag. After finishing he dons his armor and straps his shield to his forearm. When Raul gives him a questioning eye he smiles. "Just precautions my friend. This betters are chances of returning from an evil wood wear things might try and eat us."

OCC: All set.

kinem

Adventurer
After breakfast, Jiles and Raul head out. The first stop is the house where Raul leaves Nikko with a pleasant-seeming young woman.

There are people on the streets this morning, but it's not nearly as crowded as it is during the peak hours of Carnival. By sticking to the main streets and asking for directions few times, the duo makes it to a northern gate of the city.

The guard at the gate informs you that Loupet Castle is indeed at the other end of the road that leads north from the gate. The guard isn't sure exactly how far it is.

Later, Raul explains "Sometimes, travel in this world can be strange. You might think you are taking the same route as you once took before, but it might not take the same amount of time. We Vistani say that it's the mists at work, but you don't always see an actual mist."

The woods are thick along the sides of most of the path. In the morning light, they appear peaceful and pleasant.

In any case, it is late afternoon by the time you approach the castle.

At the castle gate, a pair of guards stand watch. "Good afternoon" one tells you. "What is your business?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Well met," Jiles says in the style of greeting from his native lands in the Forgotten Realms. "I am Jiles Du'Lamir and this is my companion Raul. We are here on behalf of one who seeks knowledge of the Lady Aderre's whereabouts. As this is her home I came here first to see if there is an new news of her. It seems she is missing Carnival and in turn is being missed by those she rules."

"Is there a steward about? Someone I may speak with?" he asks in his most kindly of manner.

OCC: We'll try straight forward and if that doesn't work I guess we will go sneaky.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Ah," Jiles says with a smile quickly digging into his money pouch. He produces two gold coins. Placing them in his own palm he gives the man a firm handshake and says as the coins change hands.

"Oh that is a relief to hear. But I know a lot of people who are missing her at Carnival. Perhaps you know someone I could talk to. I wish only to relay the message that it would be grand if she put forth at least one appearance at the Wine Garden."

"I myself wish to perform for the Lady,"
he adds with a smile. "Performing for rulers of the land turns a good profit you know. Hmm... I would be willing to offer up a commission to anyone who steered me in the right direction to earn a few more coins."

kinem

Adventurer
"Well, in that case, I'll ask the steward if he wants to talk to you."

The guard returns in a few minutes and ushers you inside.

You are taken to a room with brick walls. On the walls are tapestries depicting various scenes: masked dancers, two armored men dueling with swords, a lake with swans, and a river.

"Hello". Though tall and finely dressed, he's an old man, with white hair.

"I am Vund, the castle steward. And you are?

I understand that you wish to perform for Lady Aderre. As you know, she is not here now.

I would not be surprised if she is in Karina for the Carnival, no matter what you may have heard. Sometimes, she values her privacy. She can draw attention like no one else - or avoid it just as easily.

Now, you will perform for me. If I think you are good enough, then return in a few weeks and she may be here. If you are not, then don't bother coming back."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Ok then," Jiles says with a smile. "Raul if you please something lively."

As Raul starts to fiddle away Jiles starts to clap and then goes into a song he thinks will make the steward's day.

There were three old gypsies came to our hall door. They came brave and boldy-o
The one sang high and the other sang low. And the other sang a raggle taggle gypsy-o

It was upstairs, downstairs the lady went. Put on her suit of leather-o
There was a cry from around the door. She´s away with the raggle taggle gypsy-o

It was late that night when the lord came in. Inquiring for his lady-o
Where is my bride? says the servant girl: She´s away with the raggle taggle gypsy-o

Saddle for me my milk white steed. My big horse is not speedy-o
I will ride till I seek my bride. She´s away with the raggle taggle gypsy-o

So he rode east, and he rode west. He rode north and south also-o
Until he came to a wide open place. It was there that he spied his lady-o

How could you leave your horse and your land. How could you leave your money-o
How could you leave your only wedded lord. All for the raggle taggle gypsy-o

What care I for my house and my land. An what care I for money-o?
I´d rather have a kiss from the yellow gypsy´s lips. She´s away with the raggle taggle gypsy-o

Tonight you slept in a goosefeather bed. Your blankets strewn so comely-o
How could you leave your newly wedded lord. All for a raggle taggle gypsy-o

What care I for my goosefeather bed. With blankets strewn so comely-o
Tonight I lay in a wide-open field. In the arms of the raggle taggle gypsy-o

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOoaNi4xvv0"]‪RAPALJE - Raggle Taggle Gypsy‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

[sblock=OOC] Sorry for the delay but that was hard to find. :D But I think it fits nicely.

Rolling and hoping for a +2 aid bonus from Raul if acceptable.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads