• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The First Age of Man

Shayuri

First Post
Niraya watches the Breathless depart and murmurs, "I didn't even ask her name..."

Then she looks at Seerah and down at her hands.

"I want to tell Inguar at least. He'll know what to do. And if he can't accept me, then I don't think anyone can."

Her big blue eyes come up to meet Seerah's again and search her face for some clue.

"Thank you, for what you said. For standing by me. I didn't think anyone would. You and Tekai." She offers up a grateful smile. "I would have gone with them, I think, if you hadn't. What else could I have done?"

Niraya's breath puffs out again, emphasizing that difference, and she looks back down the hill.

"All right, lets go back."

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sheng Shemin

"It's a long story, riddled by grief, surprises, and nostalgia, a tale suited for dinner, not these tasteless berries. I'll tale you and your friends the tale, over some roasted deer, I've been saving it on ice, and I think you lot earned it with your courage and integrity. Several orcs lay dead by our hands, that should be celebrated!" Sheng exclaims trying to lift the spirit of the older man. He stands up, tumbling a bit, as he heads to the back of the cave where he has piled a huge amount of snow. Sticking his hands into it he starts pulling and drags a dead, eviscerated and clean deer. He then starts preparing a set of large sticks to plant the animal in front of the flame, the sticks ate charred from previous uses. Sheng sets the game to the heat of the fire, adds some more logs, and sits down again with a big satisfied smile on his face

Axel

First Post
"You can keep eating and breathing. But friends make the time go faster. I would rather have Sialfi to ask than Inguar - he is probably closer to most of the tribe than Inguar." Tekai smiled, before heading back down the way they had come. In case The Breathless had other plans for them, he kept the arrow on his bowstring. Just in case.

Piston Honda

First Post
The three make their way back towards the hill. As they climb down they can see the Orcs are beginning to be covered by snow, as are the tracks from the cart and horses, they are just visible enough to be seen, following for some time, they see a lit up cave in the distance. They approach cautiously, before they notice Botheidr and Volnir tied near the entrance, and Inguar’s cart semi-concealed by bushes. Their approach speeds up, as they get closer, the aroma of the cooking deer becomes more inviting, it had been days since they had a truly fresh meal, mostly living off salted squirrel and fish. And after the events of the day, they could use a good meal.

As they enter the cave, they see Sheng at the fire checking on the meat, Inguar is holding the head of a barely conscious Sialfi and helping him to drink water from a clay bowl. He looks rather relieved to see everyone in one piece.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sheng Shemin

"Not all who wander are lost." Exclaims Sheng, as he sees the trio enter the cave. "Seems ye have succeeded in finding yer friend." He whistles. "It would have been a shame that such fair lady would have been lost to the woods, eh?" he says, standing up "Welcome to my humble cave, make yerselves confortable, I'm sure ye are cold, worried and hungry, I think we can solve all that." he says before returning to the roasted deer. He stabs it repeatedly in several places to see if it still bleeds, and indeed it does. With a disapproving "chuk!" sound, he moves to retrieve some more timber from a pile, to boost the fire. There are some deer skins on the ground, atop piles of dry leaves that seem as comfortable and as clean as the forest floor in autumn.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Seerah is both relieved and apprehensive. The stranger, Sheng, was unknown...how would he react to their tale of breathless and spirits and strange magic? She waited by the cave entrance, making sure Asra was catching up. The cat would appreciate some meat from the cooking deer, no doubt.

Axel

First Post
"And not all who are lost can be found," Tekkai replied to Sheng, stamping his feet to clear the worst of the snow from his boots. "A miserable night to be outdoors," he continued moving over to the fire after depositing his pack behind the cart.

"Thank you for the welcome Sheng, though I am surprised you are not heading north," he said, indicating the game and the cave, which had clearly been occupied for some time.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sheng Shemin

"It is fortunate that ye found yers then." Sheng makes a counter reply, it seems he's not a dull barbarian as his looks would suggest.

"Lots of orcs up north my friend. Lots of game and resources, they're like flies ye'know." Sheng replies absent mindedly, as he pokes the deer. "Got me little cave here, it's comfortable and warm enough. Been living here for a year round now." he explains, nodding to himself. "Yer tribe's moving north now I guess? Ye would be the scouts in that case, I reckon? he asks, frowning as if remembering. "I went scouting once. They didn't like that I ran on my own and never let me go again."/B]

Shayuri

First Post
Niraya's eyes flick from Inguar to the the loquacious stranger, then back to Inguar. She wants to tell him everything, but...not while they share a stranger's fire. However friendly he might seem now.

"I'm sorry I worried you, uncle," she says diffidently. Then to Sheng, "I'm Niraya. I watch the goats mostly, and help with the animals around the tribe. Thank you for sharing your fire with us, and for helping us with the orcs."

She comes into the little cave and stands nearer to the fire, fidgeting with her want to tell the tale.

"How is Sialfi?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sheng Shemin

"It's my pleasure to help Niraya. Ye don't get a lot of good conversation from the trees, so ye better cherish the good company." He says taking his eyes from the deer and winks to Niraya. It's been so long since he had seen a woman that he was a bit rusty on the flirting.
"Deer's done. If you carry some bread, it would be outstanding, if not, ye'll have to get yer hands dirty."

Remove ads