The Heroes of Dyvers Chapter Six

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
GM:
One last thing: Share rules for NPCs (Ebony, Travis, Lenny, Nelvandra): Full xp shares on adventures / story arcs; NO xp on "specials" (like the destruction of an evil magic item.); and 1/2 shares for all treasure gained.

redraider629

Explorer
Kleborn approaches gives a slight bow and introduces himself. "Greetings, my name is Kleborn the Wolf. It is a pleasure to meet you, your hospitality is quite appreciated." In the downtime Kleborn trains each morning in combat. Practicing battling with both sword and shield.

Thallok "My name is Thallok Oakspear, a former sergeant in the Army of True Believers of Gruumish."

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Sylvar said:
"...might I be so bold as to inquire... Are you the same Abaghaeilli who created Oros and Mirios?"

Lady Abigail seems taken aback at first, but then smiles, clearly impressed by Sylvar's knowledge: "Why yes, I am, good sir. You are very astute, and well-studied, to know of such things. That form of the name Abigail has not been used for over 500 years, and is considered very old-fashioned. And I did indeed craft those two blades."

Last edited:

Waynan

Adventurer
Tam uses his downtime practicing riding: mastiffs, wolves, even a cougar (though that didn't go very well). Tam decides to stick to canines and lupines. He also learns spear and javelin techniques of battle as an Outrider.

He also asks Lady Abigail to set up scenarios for him to "steal" certain items from her, so as to learn how to be a better thief in the presence of dragonkind, his eye being on red dragon hoards, or any of the chromatics for that matter. Tam knows that a dragon knows every piece of treasure it owns down to the last coin; but, even an experienced thief can get away with a theft every now and again. And, if nothing else, Tam figures it will make him better against more mundane targets, like a thieves guild...he-he-he.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Lady Abigail smiles at Tam, and says, "The only sure way to get the drop on ANY Dragon is to be silent, and unseen. Here are some things that should help you in that regard."

Lady Abigail walks over to a large chest in the corner of the room; she opens it, and all that can be seen is an empty, black void. But when she reaches into it, she seems to be able to pull things out of the blackness, just by concentrating on what she wants, much like Respen does with his portable hole. She retrieves a pair of black, leather boots, and a ring, and hands them to Tam.

She says, "Take these on loan; use them to steal ONLY from the wicked. Bring me two magical items taken as spoils in battle, against an opponent of great evil, Giant, Dragon, or otherwise, and I will trade those two items for your permanent ownership of the items that I have loaned to you."

GM:
Lady Abigail gives Tam a Ring of Invisibility, and a pair of Boots of Elvenkind. These items have already been added to your sheet.

Waynan

Adventurer
Tam stares at the items handed to him with wonder. He then looks into Lady Abigail's eyes and is filled with awe and adoration. Tam bends a knee before the dragoness and swears to her that of any and all of any magic treasures he should find, the two finest would be hers.

"Look at me. A happy - go - lucky,
fly - by - the - seat - of - my - pants halfling like me, swearing fealty like some paladin. Who would have ever thought? Oh, my Da would be laughing himself silly right now, if he had seen this moment."

Tam then pulls out the magic hat he had tucked behind him, out of respect before the presence of Lady Abigail:

"With these Elven boots and this ring along with Lathir's gift of this magical hat that allows me to change into other people and creatures, I believe I have a chance to be a master burglar and treasure hunter."

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Sylvar is as struck by Lady Abigail as Tam, although as a Bard he is more practiced at concealing it. Sylvar responds to Lady Abigail..."Its a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Lady Abigail...the fact of being your guest is a tale I will recount to my children's children... I would love to compose about Oros and Mirios, with your permission of course. Could I press you into telling me a tale of the blades? Also, if I may count on your grace, that it may forgive me as I blatantly attempt to take advantage of your hospitality, I have a few requests...do you have books or items that would increase my skills as a bard? (Charisma) I would willingly buy them from you providing I have the coin...Could I spend some time each day listening to you tell of your travels, the places you been and things you've seen (increase bardic knowledge), Finally, I have 12 months to travel to the nearest temple of Uller, do you know where it is, and could I request of you a method to travel there and return quickly?

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Lady Abigail Responds To Sylvar

Sylvar said:
"...Could I press you into telling me a tale of the blades?"

Lady Abigail says, "Almost a thousand years ago, I forged two Greatswords; one made of gold, the other of mithral. They were both mirrored blades, and I called them Oros, The Golden Mirror, and Mirios, The Silver Mirror. I gave Oros to an Elven Prince named Kylorimol, who was charged by Corellon Larethian with finding and defeating a Djinn Warlord known as Aldenmarr, and destroying the Warlord's sword, an evil artifact of immense power known as The Blade of Fiery Might. It is said the Kylorimol's band of adventurers, with the aid of a Jann Rogue, found the Warlord and destroyed the blade, but not before Kylorimol himself was killed, and not before Oros, The Golden Mirror, was lost on the barren landscape of one of the cubes of Acheron. Mirios, the sister sword of Oros, is still here, in my possession. Would you like to see it?"

Sylvar said:
"......do you have books or items that would increase my skills as a bard?"

Lady Abigail says that yes, she does have books whose magical properties would enhance his vocal acuity, tonal quality, and skin complexion.

GM:
82,500 gp. will get you a Tome of Leadership & Influence +3, which would give you +3 to your Charisma score. She has +4 and +5 as well, but you can't afford those.

Sylvar said:
"...could I request of you a method to travel there and return quickly?"

The Dungeon Master said:
"...Know that sometime within the next year, you must visit his temple in The Great Kundarian Seameast, in the city of Dane."

Lady Abigail says that she will Teleport you (via spell) to the temple in Dane, and that she will give you an Amulet of Recall, which will enable you to return here, to her tower. She says that she has a magical mirror, but hers is so strong as to attract a lot of unwanted attention when it is activated. She says that she must charge you a small fee, in order to replace the material components that she will be forced to use in order to cast the spells.

GM:
Cost of Greater Teleport: 700 gp.
Cost of Amulet: 600 gp.
TOTAL COST: 1,300 gp.

Diarmadhim

Explorer
Keeping the healing potions to the side as an emergency stash for the group, Dewydd offers the remaining unclaimed loot to Lady Abigail in exchange for cash to be divided appropriately amongst the party.

Remove ads