• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Random (non-ordered) list of some of my favorite endings in TV history. I am sure there are others, but this is off the top of my head. If I had to go with one, it might The Leftovers.

1. The Americans.
2. The Prisoner.
3. Blake's 7.
4. Newhart.
5. Mr. Robot.
6. Angel.
7. The Leftovers.
8. The Shield.
9. BoJack Horseman.
10. The Sopranos.

Bonus: I can tell a lot about a person simply by learning their opinion of the ending of the Sopranos.

(slight edit)
How awful is "never saw it"?

I've only seen three of the series on your list (and only final episodes for two of them :-/ ).

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
How awful is "never saw it"?

I've only seen three of the series on your list (and only final episodes for two of them :-/ ).
Could be worse. I don't think I've seen any of those final episodes in their entirety, and I've only seen any episodes from two of them. That's more about the shape my life has been in than any judgment on the shows, in many instances not even like about my preferences--there are some of those shows I kinda want to watch, but haven't for other reasons.

Of course, I mostly (mostly!) stay out of conversations about TV shows I haven't watched.

Mad_Jack

Legend
Random (non-ordered) list of some of my favorite endings in TV history. I am sure there are others, but this is off the top of my head. If I had to go with one, it might The Leftovers.

1. The Americans.
2. The Prisoner.
3. Blake's 7.
4. Newhart.
5. Mr. Robot.
6. Angel.
7. The Leftovers.
8. The Shield.
9. BoJack Horseman.
10. The Sopranos.

Bonus: I can tell a lot about a person simply by learning their opinion of the ending of the Sopranos.

(slight edit)

The only one on that list I've watched is Angel, and that was mostly because it was on as reruns during my general after-work tv time... I'm sure I've seen the end of the series, but don't really remember it.

Leverage had a really good final episode.

On a different tangent, we really need to find a different metaphor for discussing gaming than pizza... Otherwise I'm going to have to stop reading this thread - it's making me hungry, and pizza isn't in my budget at the moment.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
Mike Flannigan's shows on Netflix are not only excellent in general but generally have excellent endings.
The ending of Bly Manor was probably my favorite, with Hill House and Midnight Mass tied for second. We haven't watched The Midnight Club yet, but I think we're starting it next week.

Midnight Mass has my favorite monologue of all time, too. "You stole from me things I didn't even have yet. You reached through time, Joe Collie! You reached through time and you stole."

Ryujin

Legend

1. The Americans.
2. The Prisoner.
3. Blake's 7.
4. Newhart.
5. Mr. Robot.
6. Angel.
7. The Leftovers.
8. The Shield.
9. BoJack Horseman.
10. The Sopranos.

(slight edit)
Watched "The Prisoner" as part of my college film class. I was rather surprised that I was the only one who had seen it before.

I need a better gender neutral plural to address groups.

1. The Americans.
2. The Prisoner.
3. Blake's 7.
4. Newhart.
5. Mr. Robot.
6. Angel.
7. The Leftovers.
8. The Shield.
9. BoJack Horseman.
10. The Sopranos.

(slight edit)

Just riffing here...

• Dinosaurs
  • Kids in the Hall (1994 ending)
  • ALF (unintentionally)
  • Reboot (1997 ending - great musical number)
  • ST:TNG
  • MASH
  • St. Elsewhere (honestly, don't really care about the show much, but the ending has had epic results)
  • The Good Place

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
On a different tangent, we really need to find a different metaphor for discussing gaming than pizza... Otherwise I'm going to have to stop reading this thread - it's making me hungry, and pizza isn't in my budget at the moment.

See, I totally get that you like tacos de lengua, but why can't you respect my love of al pastor?

Can we at least agree that those people that keep coming into threads and insisting we eat Old El Paso are just out of line?

Remove ads