• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
There's a reason I don't generally post in any of the actual game discussion threads...

That reason is comprised of about a dozen sub-reasons.

None of which I'm going to discuss.

Mainly because the only way to properly express my feeling on the issue would be to burn down the entire internet, pimpslap that Michael Jackson wannabe Thanos, take his bling, and snap my fingers.
I sympathize, and I applaud your self-restraint.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
I love that you can tell D&D is not just cool but mainstream cool because of the entire subculture that has sprung up around how basic it and its fans are.

"Myself, I only play postpunk prewave German tradstory games from Spring 1993. You've probably never heard of them. Why, what do you play? Dungeons and Dragons? <Incredulous hipster laugh>."

I love that you can tell D&D is not just cool but mainstream cool because of the entire subculture that has sprung up around how basic it and its fans are.

"Myself, I only play postpunk prewave German tradstory games from Spring 1993. You've probably never heard of them. Why, what do you play? Dungeons and Dragons? <Incredulous hipster laugh>."
I was playing D&D while playing D&D

tabletop_roleplaying.png

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
What if they just got bored somewhere in the third season and never went back to watch any more it?

Or never watched it at all?

In my case, it tells you that I didn't have HBO in 1999, and am not interested in mundane organized crime drama.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
should put in place a new rule about media adaptations: New thread must be made when discussing differences between source media

I could imagine asking folks to put such comparisons in spoiler blocks, but having multiple threads seems burdensome.

Midnight Club is on my list of things to watch soon. But I'm surprised to hear that people are comparing it Hill House and Midnight Mass. Fear Street is the direct comparison, no? 90s YA horror novels turned into Netflix limited series? I read both as a kid. I used to argue with friends about why Christopher Pike was better than RL Stine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads