The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
This assumes all discussions are good. If OP wanted to stir things up, and the resulting discussion creates more animosity on the board than usual, then that sort of post is bad.
People are responsible for their own behavior. If it is a true molotov thread, it should be reported so it can be shut down. Otherwise, folks should be expected to conduct themselves in a way that fits the community.

Not that people do mind. I'm speaking more aspirational here.

Thomas Shey

Legend
People are responsible for their own behavior. If it is a true molotov thread, it should be reported so it can be shut down. Otherwise, folks should be expected to conduct themselves in a way that fits the community.

Not that people do mind. I'm speaking more aspirational here.

But that's the point. It doesn't matter what people "should" do here; it matters what they "will" do if properly poked. Its fine to say that people should resist the bait, but that doesn't make the person tossing it any less responsible. And people who are familiar with the sociodynamics of some groups can be very capable at doing so, while maintaining plausible deniability.

payn

I don't believe in the no-win scenario
Arrested Development Tobias GIF

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
But that's the point. It doesn't matter what people "should" do here; it matters what they "will" do if properly poked. Its fine to say that people should resist the bait, but that doesn't make the person tossing it any less responsible. And people who are familiar with the sociodynamics of some groups can be very capable at doing so, while maintaining plausible deniability.
I don't think people tossing the bait are responsible. They are Dickson and we don't want them around, but that's a different thing. You are responsible for your own reactions, posts, whatever. Even if someone is pushing all the right buttons, you are still responsible for what you do and how you respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads