The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scribe

Legend
Oh. We have all been confused. It doesn't actually matter if pineapple is good on pizza, or if cauliflower makes a good crust. It only matters if Pizza Hut puts those things on the menu.

That is an underlying current of every discussion, yes. Its not good enough that the options exist somewhere, if they are not being provided by the big show.

There's a few other intellectually dishonest arguments that float around unchallenged, but thats one of the big ones.

Thomas Shey

Legend
I don't think people tossing the bait are responsible. They are Dickson and we don't want them around, but that's a different thing. You are responsible for your own reactions, posts, whatever. Even if someone is pushing all the right buttons, you are still responsible for what you do and how you respond.

Its entirely possible for two sets of people to share responsibility, and I think that's exactly what's happening there. If you disagree, you do, but I stand by my opinion.

Thomas Shey

Legend
That is an underlying current of every discussion, yes. Its not good enough that the options exist somewhere, if they are not being provided by the big show.

There's a few other intellectually dishonest arguments that float around unchallenged, but thats one of the big ones.

When a lot of people have people around them that will only eat at Pizza Hut, you shouldn't be surprised that's an argument they'd make.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
giphy.gif

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
As long as they actually are open about it. Sure.
I think the challenge is that, like a fish in water, they are often unaware of their environment and how it affects their worldview.

I don't know how one could make someone try a different brand of pizza, but I have noticed that one of our former hardcore Pizza Hut partisans is now very active in the Domino's community, while still posting here. I think once people try something new, their perspective often quietly changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads