• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryujin

Legend
I love our IT staff. What they are given to work with and not being allowed to be fully staffed on the other hand ...
Based on our declining budgets year over year, I suspect that will be us in 5 years. With any luck I'll get a sweatheart deal to retire "early." For some it had been a couple of years' pay, back when a previous local gov't also cut budgets (early 2000s).

Scribe

Legend
Based on our declining budgets year over year, I suspect that will be us in 5 years. With any luck I'll get a sweatheart deal to retire "early." For some it had been a couple of years' pay, back when a previous local gov't also cut budgets (early 2000s).
I dream of the same!

Hussar

Legend
Aging populations are doing a number on the populations of Germany and Japan. So yeah, eventually.
As I'm living in Japan, the effect of population aging has been astonishing to experience. I remember traveling to Viet Nam a couple of years ago and being utterly shocked to see so many young people on the street. Here? Unless it's a group of students on their way to classes, you almost never see large numbers of young people.

"large gesture at everything"
While "Earth" is certainly a valid answer, one of the few bright spots about humanity's history is that we have utterly failed to ruin "everything" in a broader sense. At the rate we're going the worst we'll manage is to litter Luna and Mars a bit and leave some old trash drifting in interstellar space. Whatever other ecosystems are out there are probably quite safe from our rapacious stupidity. I'll even go out on a limb and say we'll never personally despoil another world, especially extrasolar ones. If we survive long enough our machine proxies might accomplish that, but the vain petty apes that created them will die on the cradle world we poisoned.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
As I'm living in Japan, the effect of population aging has been astonishing to experience. I remember traveling to Viet Nam a couple of years ago and being utterly shocked to see so many young people on the street. Here? Unless it's a group of students on their way to classes, you almost never see large numbers of young people.
When I hoped to live in a science fiction novel when I grew up, I wasn't thinking of dystopias, and yet here we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads