• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Long Journey Home

Ray_Ray

First Post
"Come on then Raymond looks like we have to put the toys away for now" she added, heading off towards the air dock and removing the heavy outer casing of her MDA, stretching "Looks like it was a communications glitch" she said to the Meia, gathering her normal gear and heading towards the bridge, humming a little tune as she did.

Last edited:

J. D. Tsuba

First Post
OOC: Teleporting back a bit

'J.D sounds fine to me'

Ever the quiet type, he sits and watches his crew-mates rush off to busy themselves, Once they are gone, he picks a secluded spot in the mess on a table by himself, he sits down, closes his eyes and leans back in his chair until he feels the wall behind him.

thinks: Finally a bit of peace and quiet, I'll try Mikhail again in a bit, no rush after all. I don't think I'll be missed for a little while, time to catch up on some missed sleep...

Last edited:

'Ghost'

First Post
Saluting Mikhail back Ghost takes his leave and heads off towards the bridge. As he walks through the corridor he pays little attention to those around him, instead finding himself lost in his thoughts.

Thinking: Seems everyone has a hidden story here. Though that's to be expected given the career we've all chosen. So our attackers were opportunistic, makes sense. Which means they may give us a little longer then I first anticipated to recover. Though these hunters are what concern me the most. They fought the robots when they attacked us, was it to help us? To see what it is we're capable of? Or is the enemy of my enemy my friend?

Sarah following along quietly, as always the thoughts inside Ghost's head a mystery to her. Though he did seem to be contemplating something, he was planning something, but she didn't know what just yet. Oh well, no point in brooding over things she doesn't understand, so she went back to enjoying her new found freedom and taking in the surroundings and people.

Thinking: Seems caution would be best served here, but even that is a flawed strategy. We play it too safe and we'll run out of resources, or find ourselves incapable of collecting new ones. We could always run the risk and try contacting the hunters, but we don't know where to begin. With space transport available to them they could have come from any of these planets. The same can be said for the robots. Our lack of weaponary on this vessel means that an open conflict in space will lead to our demise, so fleeing is our best option. Meaning engines need to be ready for a jump at a moments notice. Again that produces further problems, which direction do we jump? What do we do if we jump away from these possible allies and into the enemies hands?

Ghost's brow furrows, his face betraying his thoughts.

Something wrong Ghost?

Keeping his voice low so only Sarah can hear him..

This situation, it's one of the worst I've ever found myself in. It's gonna take at least some level of luck to get us back home, and luck is something I don't place much faith in.

I'm not worried, we've been in sticky situations before and we always come out of it, that's why we're still here. As Sarah said she's not worried either because people like you are on board, and will defend this vessel to your last breath. You always look to the worst possible outcome first ghost.

She teases as she giggles alongside him

There are good things as well as bad, maybe try thinking about them. You never know what you might discover.

Ghost returns to his silence as he continues to make his way towards the bridge. Upon arrival he stands to attention and salutes Naomi and Okado. Then standing to attention he awaits the arrival of echo squad.

Alexander double-timed it back to the armoury to discard his armour, bowing his head generously to the quartermaster as his armoured suit came off piece by pressurised piece. It wasn't long before he was ready to head to the bridge; though it appeared that Ghost was just that bit quicker; no surprise, the captain was a drilled man. He also saluted the crew-on-deck, before coming to attention.

Ray Ray

First Post
"Aww..." He lowered his gun, shuffling dejectedly back to the armory.

(Thinking)How am I supposed to impress people with heroics with a damn communications glitch? Why no evil bloodsucking aliens?

He put his suit back in the armory and made his way to debriefing - he made a mental note to go back and see the girls and Bart afterwards. Especially the girls. He figured he may have to embellish his role on this mission for reasons of making an impression.

Last edited:

Aleksandra made her way to the bridge. She saluted upon entry and quickly went over to the comms to talk to Erza. She saluted smartly and stayed at attention. "Private Aleksandra, would you be free to discuss something related to the ships communications network." She stood professionally waiting for a response.

Mikhail Zhukov

First Post
Mikhail continued while making way to his destination.

If remotely connecting to MDA why not use that for interaction? Keeping the ability secret? Jamming coms still too obvious. Maybe not giving it enough credit. Or him.

Stopping in front of Dr. Serano's office Mikhail knocked on the door.

'Ghost'

First Post
Once echo arrives, Ghost turns and salutes captain Bauhdric.

If you'd give your report first captain, after I'll attempt to fill in some blanks with regards to the alien device Private Zhukov has been investigating.

Then he returns to attention and awaits Echo's report.

Last edited:

Bridge

Naomi is currently not in the bridge when people arrive. Okado is there however alongside a young lady that you've never seen before. She is currently wearing a suit with an flag showing her allegiance to the US. She has very short brown hair that finishes just below her chin.

Okado nods at each of the group who enters and then waits for reports from the captains.

Currently in the bridge is Echo squad and Ghost.

Shortly when they all arrive Aleksandra walks past the debriefing to Ezra. She replies quietly so not to disturb the meeting "Yes sure, what is it?"

Office

Hearing a voice inside. "Come in, what can I do for you?" entering you see a doctor behind a desk in a fairly normal office.

OOC: @J.D.Tsuba Has he gone to sleep for a bit then?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads