• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The misbegotten waif thread a/k/a The Fray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotley

Hero
Believe it or not it was originally called 'duck' tape because it was made with a material called 'cotton duck', similar the cloth medical tape it was based on. It was originally used to seal ammunition cases to keep out moisture during WWII. The versatility of the stuff was soon learned by the soldiers and it came onto the civilian market soon after the war. The silver version came when the booming post-war construction industry used it for heating and AC applications. That is when the Duct tape name also came into use.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ahhh... good old WWII.

We should all be thankful, because without the "War to End all Wars" we wouldn't be here on EnWorld right now killing minutes, talking about duct tape. :p

HM

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Until a man learns to live with-in himself peacefully, he will never beable to live in peace with his fellow man.

HM

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I don't quite know how to tell you this, HM, but the "War to End All Wars" was WWI. ;)

You sure it wasn't the Edition war? Cause it seems that every time someone tries to bring it up, by espousing the superiority of one of the combatants there's a /threadlock /banhammer.

I'm just grateful that the M&M 2e and M&M 3e has gotten along... cause if those two sides started warring... I'm afraid the world might blow up as soon as COSMIC powered combatants start appearing.

Oh and Superman could take out Freedom League.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads