The Untamed Wilds: Caravan Campaign

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Collective Data

OOC: Character Records have been updated and new personal equipment added.

Torvald Ericsson
Merindell Silveroak
Del Sannit
Bolo
Saemund

OOC: New Party Collection:
1 Emerald Beetle Carapace 05%
7 Ivory Beetle Carapaces 05%
6 Verdant Spider Carcasses 10%
3 Crow Feather Talismans
1 Boar Tusk Talisman
3 Shiny White Stones
1 Mottled Brown Stone
1 Shiny Yellow Stone
7 Shiny grey Stones
1 Shiny Orange Stone
3 Zinc Ingots
10 Iron Ingots
Location of Large Iron Vein
2 Copper Ingots
2 Silver Ingots
8 Carbone Bricks
1 Pietrazulfo Brick
51 Bricks of Pork
188 Bricks of Venison
1 Pig Hide 40%
1 Deer Hide 40%
2 Deer Hides 30%

Last edited:

MacConnell

Day 44: Hunting for the Haunted Tree, Day 9, Morning

The remainder of the evening is uneventful as the party examines its new found gains. It rains during the early hours of the morning, but everyone is used to that by now. The pack animals and companions are gathered, breakfast is eaten and the Seekers are ready to be underway while there is still yet some low fog wafting through the trees.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Lyndha said:
As the group gathers the item in which each member is interested, Lyndha walks to the door, put a placard on the outside and then bolts the door from within. When she turns back to the group, she finds everyone staring placidly waiting on her to specify her desires.

"This brings me to my particular interest; though I recommend you look into the other two first, as this 'Haunted Tree' may prove to be a rather difficult situation. Yes, the haunted tree. It is not folk lore or superstition. It is a conclave, and I can sense the growing blight. I do not know the number involved, but there is definitely more than one Bender. A bender is a slang term for a person who can manipulate way lines. They may be called witches or warlocks or wind talkers or diviners, but never mind all that. What I sense is necromancy, the forbidden art. I am not of an age or ability to look directly into this matter but it indicates a more dire situation than the Hollow of Bones, for these cannibals are trying to manipulate the dead. They are likely Amiradtha, no offense to your heritage young man, or Evipau. Either way, I would like to see them gone before they grow any more powerful and bold. This type of bending attracts all the wrong kind of attention."

Merin, thinking back to the conversation with Lyndha, suddenly has a moment of clarity. He remembers that she said that it was most likely either Amiradtha, or Evipau. But she also said that it was a conclave. What if it were both? What if Amiradtha and Evipau were somehow working together?

Merin gathers the other members, and quickly relates his thoughts on the matter.

MacConnell

Sheldon Engages Merin

GM: Note:
Since "Allomancy" is a term created by Brandon Sanderson for his Mistborn Series, out of respect for another's creation, I am going to change my term to Geomancy.

Merin, thinking back to the conversation with Lyndha
He remembers that she said that it was most likely either Amiradtha, or Evipau. But she also said that it was a conclave. What if it were both? What if Amiradtha and Evipau were somehow working together?
Sheldon ponders the idea momentarily,
"It may be possible, but I seriously doubt that since indigenous peoples are fiercely prejudicial. We should know soon enough. With that war party scouting this area last night, I would say we are close."

Last edited:

MacConnell

Day 44: Hunting for the Haunted Tree

After traveling for only a few hours, the Seekers are once again wary of their surroundings.

GM: Perception:
Range = Cohesion + Persona + Evocation + Psyche +...

Effectiveness = Essence + Mind + Knowledge + Cohesion + Persona +
Collegiate + Commercial + Aberrative / Academic / Theologic +...
Wisdom + Evocation + Psyche +...

The usual formation of travel has Sannit and Saemund in the lead with Bolo and Turtle behind followed by the 3 pack animals. Sheldon and Indigo are on the left flank, while Tor, Merin and Myth cover the right flank. Turtle has a tendency to circle back behind the pack train in order to gobble the larger insects disturbed by the passage, sniffing the air as he does before returning to Bolo.

Sheldon, who is linked with Merin during travel, notices that his attention is piqued on the right flank. As soon as Sheldon senses it, Indigo who is linked with Bolo and Sheldon does so as well. Bolo is linked with Turtle and Sannit; and so it goes, that when Merin senses danger from his direction, within 80 tics, Sannit visibly signals Saemund and the entire party stops.

State immediate intentions.

I Have Added Descriptions of Mastery Level Skills

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Sannit will focus his senses to attempt to determine what the danger is.

Bolo will do a quick search with way to see if other people are nearby and where they are.

Turtle will attempt to get a scent from what is alarming his humans.

Previously: Merin gathers the other members, and quickly relates his thoughts on the matter.

Sannit strokes his beard and says, "We come from different people, yet we work well together. Perhaps this conclave discovered bonds stronger than blood as well."

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Tor readies his bow, knocking an arrow and scans the area, with both sight, and Way. He does not neglect the treetops.

Merin freezes, as he and Myth attempt to hide. He is being very quiet, and scanning for the source of the disturbance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Saemund looks in the direction that everyone else is looking and doesn't see anything. He removes his large axe holding it at the ready. He walks ten paces off the path toward the direction of the disturbance. The attempts to "feel" what may be out there. If he feels nothing he will return to the group, walking backward still facing the threat. If he senses something he will use hand signals to show how many threats he senses.

MacConnell

San-Bolo Prepare

Sannit will focus his senses to attempt to determine what the danger is.

Bolo will do a quick search with way to see if other people are nearby and where they are.

Turtle will attempt to get a scent from what is alarming his humans.
Bolo and Sannit are unable to detect anything but extending with the links in reverse order the range is expanded to find that it is indeed people moving in the Seekers' direction. Unlike the war party which was moving quickly in a V formation, this group is in a skirmish formation and moving cautiously and spreading out in an apparent flanking procedure.

The group is currently to the north, northeast. The slight breeze is from the northwest. Turtle cannot yet pick up any scent.

MacConnell

Merin-Tor Prepare

Tor readies his bow, knocking an arrow and scans the area, with both sight, and Way. He does not neglect the treetops.

Merin freezes, as he and Myth attempt to hide. He is being very quiet, and scanning for the source of the disturbance.
Tor does not see or hear anything yet, but being linked to Merin he knows the people are out there. Nothing seems amiss at the tree tops. The normal behavior of small birds as not ceased.

GM: Stealth:
Core + Knowledge + Motility + Confluence + Wisdom +...
Collegiate + Commercial + Aberrative + Obscurative +...

[sblock=Merin]81 + 61 = 142[/sblock]
[sblock=Myth]27 + 50(fur) + 94 = 171[/sblock]
Merin conceals himself utilizing the spars undergrowth as Myth climbs a pine, being instinctual for a lynx. Merin senses that 2 or 3 people are moving more around to the right of his and Tor's position.

Remove ads