RPGs TUW: Boga City

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Map3.jpg

GM: The Southroad Seekers gather their necessary supplies and their three pack animals as they bit farewell once again to Southroad Fair. Being 40 days into the hot dry season called Doldrum with 20 more to go, they also pack extra water. It should take approximately 12 days to reach Boga City, following the road. The same trip would take a caravan 24 days.

In less than an hour, the party overtakes the Ansylin Silk Caravan, which is also heading to Boga City. The guards, actually, greet everyone in a friendly manner. The teamsters only glance in their direction, like a broken downtrodden people that they are.

As the Seekers are alongside the Captain, Sheldon cannot help but to poke verbally at him.
"Captain, we are the Southroad Seekers. When you eventually return to Asylim you can report that we were last seen heading north out of Southroad Fair."

OOC: As there is, at least, 12 days' travel by road. State any adjunct desires, future intentions, or immediate actions.

Goals:
Recruit a blacksmith to return to Southroad Fair.

Determine the political stance of Boga City to foreign relations.

Learn the infrastructure of Boga City.

Determine the regard and potential of the citizenry toward manipulating Way.

OOC: This is the third scenario in the Caravan Campaign.

TUW: The Caravan Campaign Character Records
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Explorer
The Captain said:
We are planning to depart but I am missing one of the pickers.
Sannit.jpg

Sannit puts on a fake concerned face and asks, "What was the pickers name? In case we encounter them?" It will most likely be a fake name but it is possible knowing it could help them puzzle out the origins of the assassin in the future.

Bolo.jpg
Bolo thanks Lyndha for her counsel and the quick lesson on divination. She frets about whether to leave Turtle behind to watch over the guild house, not knowing if a bear would be allowed into Boga City. At Merin's suggestion of using a leash she gets an idea. She procures a good thick piece of leather cord and fashions a collar and leash for Turtle, but cuts and fastens them in such a way that any pressure applied to the leather will pull it away with no discomfort to the bear. In short, it is fake, and only there for appearances.

After speaking with Giodavi and the other town leaders about Myth, the Stranger, and what transpired, Sannit asks if any of them wish to have something taken to or brought back from Boga.

Turtle allows Bolo to place the collar on his neck, thinking it will be a good joke if anyone tries to use it against him. He allows no one else, not even Sannit, to put their hand on that leash. A bear has to keep his dignity.

As the group passes the caravan Sannit returns the greetings of the guards, but when he sees the downtrodden faces of the teamsters he says to them, "Do not be resigned to this fate. The Southroad Seekers fight for the dignity and respect of all people to move and trade as freely as they will. Suffer it now if you must, but keep your minds open to the possibility of a better tomorrow."

Tasks for San-Bolo during the travel: continue training with weapons and Way (always); mark any settlements they locate along the journey along with significant landmarks or curiosities; keep their eyes open for strange tracks and marks that indicate good game trails; continue searching for ores and minerals (Sannit) and helpful herbs (Bolo)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Saemund2.jpg

While traveling Saemund will continue practicing with detection of life forms, especially those with higher order thinking skills. Mammals mostly. He also continues with his regimen of calisthenics and the development of an axe based fighting system.

With permission from the other seekers he would like to practice compelling them to do things, and enhancing the way they experience sensations such as the heat of the sun, the wind in their hair, or the discomfort of a rock stuck in a boot.

Feroz.jpg
Saemund asks Feroz to fly above them, keep an eye out for hostiles and cry out if he sees anything out of the ordinary.
 

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Year 0: Day 159: Doldrums 39: Moving Forward

Sannit puts on a fake concerned face and asks, "What was the pickers name? In case we encounter them?" It will most likely be a fake name but it is possible knowing it could help them puzzle out the origins of the assassin in the future.
The Captain gives a quirk smile at the feigned concern.
"I honestly do not know the man's name. He only determined missing after this morning's head count. The other pickers said that they did not know him well and that he kept mostly to himself. He is Ansylin and a few years older than the lot of you. He wears a bracer on his left arm and had nice boots. There is nothing more I can tell you."

Kwargrow said:
Bolo thanks Lyndha for her counsel and the quick lesson on divination. She frets about whether to leave Turtle behind to watch over the guild house, not knowing if a bear would be allowed into Boga City. At Merin's suggestion of using a leash she gets an idea. She procures a good thick piece of leather cord and fashions a collar and leash for Turtle, but cuts and fastens them in such a way that any pressure applied to the leather will pull it away with no discomfort to the bear. In short, it is fake, and only there for appearances.
Turtle2.jpg
GM: Turtle snorts at the new accessory. He looks down and shakes his head, slinging the make-shift leash straight off of his head. He then grin at Bolo, sits back on his rear and claps his hands, like it some game she is playing

Sheldon2.jpg
Sheldon laughs.
"Do not bother with that. I may have left Boga City as a child, but I remember pets being within the city. Okay, so Turtle is a bit bigger than a dog, but I remember the city of my birth being friendly. I am sure everything will be fine."

Indigo3.jpg
Indigo adds, in her quiet yet richly alto voice,
"I am not planning on tethering the pack animals unless it becomes required to enter. I think Merin is overly cautious. So far our endeavors involving other peoples have shown them to all react well to our affinity with animals."

Kwargrow said:
After speaking with Giodavi and the other town leaders about Myth, the Stranger, and what transpired, Sannit asks if any of them wish to have something taken to or brought back from Boga.
Giodavi rubs the center of his forehead with his thumb.
"Another assassin, and this one sent specifically for you. I am sorry for the loss of the lynx. He was an interesting cat. This has gone too far. I am angry, now. So there is now to be no consideration for diplomacy. While you are gone, I will seek to learn all that I can to determine a way to hit back.

The way that the Magistry works, if this were the work of only one of them, we would have some recourse with negotiation, but with three assassins sent and with regard to their specific targets, I suspect that more than one Magister is involved.

I know Suausedeserp to be very young, impetuous, and angry. I fully suspect that the real power play here is coming from one of the older members and that Saucy Drip is being used as a goat. That is what I need to learn. In the mean time, money is the way to hurt them.

You can travel faster than the silk caravan. We have our own collection of silk. I know that you had expressed establishing our own trade. Since you are going to Boga City, you should carry what supply we have with you. It is only three bundles at this point, but our yellow silk is stronger than the Ansylin variety
."

Kwargrow said:
As the group passes the caravan Sannit returns the greetings of the guards, but when he sees the downtrodden faces of the teamsters he says to them, "Do not be resigned to this fate. The Southroad Seekers fight for the dignity and respect of all people to move and trade as freely as they will. Suffer it now if you must, but keep your minds open to the possibility of a better tomorrow."
As Sannit expresses these words, the former caravan master looks over at him.
"Thank you for that. I have faith in you."
 
Last edited:

redraider629

Explorer
Vadin.jpg

Along the path, Vadin will train using his weapons including the cleaned knives he picked up. He will also train using way to make him quicker during battle as well as in movement.

Vadin also gives permission for Saemund to practice using way on him.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Year 0: Day 159: Doldrums 39: While Traveling

While traveling Saemund will continue practicing with detection of life forms, especially those with higher order thinking skills. Mammals mostly.
GM: Saemund learns that not only can he distinguish animals from people he can distinguish specific types of animals from one another. He can even since the pack animals as opposed to Turtle. He is disappointed at the range of which he can perform these tasks, but pleased with the definity of the responses.

Sylvar B. said:
With permission from the other seekers he would like to practice compelling them to do things.
GM:
OOC: Compel:
Range / Affect:

  • Cohesion + Evocation +
  • Persona + Psyche
Effectiveness:

  • Essence + Cohesion + Evocation +
  • Mind + Knowledge + Persona + Wisdom + Psyche +
  • Collegiate + Theologic
This active task causes the loss of Will in the intended target. If a target's Will is reduced below 1, further loss is deducted from Mind. If the target's Mind is reduced below 1, it may be commanded to perform any possible non-combat task, though commands may be severely limited in the case of a language barrier or if the target is an animal. There is considerable possibility with the application of the results of this task as pertaining to role play.
Resist Compel:

  • Skepticism (Commercial Task) +
  • Tranquility (Collegiate Task)
  • Enlightenment (post-Collegiate)

Saemund: 66(Compel)
Sheldon: 36(skepticism) + 38(tranquility) = 74
Tor: 34(skepticism) + 34(tranquility) = 68
Merin: 29(skepticism) + 48(tranquility) = 77
Indigo: 31(skepticism) + 34(tranquility) = 65
Sannit: 29(skepticism) + 31(tranquility) = 60
Bolo: 34(skepticism) + 39(tranquility) = 73
Vadin: 29(skepticism) + 26(tranquility) = 55

All Seekers being approximately on par with abilities and skills, Saemund learns that he can affect Sheldon only 42% of the time, Tor 48% of the time, Merin 39% of the time, Indigo 51% of the time, Sannit 56% of the time, Bolo 43% of the time, and Vadin 61% of the time.

Sylvar B. said:
Saemund tries enhancing the way they experience sensations such as the heat of the sun, the wind in their hair, or the discomfort of a rock stuck in a boot.
GM: With multiple efforts, Saemund determines that sensitivity is a passive skill rather than and active one, and there seems to be no manner of directly affecting these senses.

Sylvar B. said:
Saemund asks Feroz to fly above them, keep an eye out for hostiles and cry out if he sees anything out of the ordinary.
GM: Feroz takes to the sky on a mighty buffet of his wings. He soars high and then glides low, repeating the process as the Seekers travel.
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Bolo said:
She procures a good thick piece of leather cord and fashions a collar and leash for Turtle, but cuts and fastens them in such a way that any pressure applied to the leather will pull it away with no discomfort to the bear. In short, it is fake, and only there for appearances.
Merin smiles, and gives Bolo a "thumbs up" gesture, signifying his approval.

Sheldon said:
"Do not bother with that. I may have left Boga City as a child, but I remember pets being within the city. Okay, so Turtle is a bit bigger than a dog, but I remember the city of my birth being friendly. I am sure everything will be fine."
Indigo said:
I think Merin is overly cautious.
Merin.jpg
Merin rolls his eyes in mock frustration, and throws his hands up. "Oh sure, pick on the cautious guy!"

Tor.jpg
Tor chuckles at this statement, and playfully punches Merin in the arm.

During the trip, Merin and Tor stop occasionally to look for animal bones and feathers, especially when they notice vultures in the area. Merin also tries to detect Petra and Carbone, even though he realizes that most of that stuff is found in mountainous regions.

Last but certainly not least, Merin is becoming more and more obsessed with developing his fighting skills; he practices vital strikes, throws, arm-bars, and kicks for an hour, every morning after breakfast. During that time, Tor practices with using his shield, but on average, the other party members can see that Tor's weekly practice totals are hovering at about 5.5 hrs a week, while Merin's total stays between 7.5 and 8 hours a week.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Y 0: D 159: Doldrums 39: Practice While Traveling

Along the path, Vadin will train using his weapons including the cleaned knives he picked up.
GM: Vadin finds himself suited to a duelist style of swordplay. He works a coordination with his longsword in his right and a knife in his left.

OOC: Once Vadin has acquired 10 ranks in Melee, he may then proceed to Duelist as opposed to having to choose both Long and Short, simultaneously.

redraider629 said:
He will also train using way to make him quicker during battle as well as in movement.
GM: Vadin does not yet have enough skill in manipulating Way to be able to effect his own speed. He will need to acquire 10 ranks in Collegiate then choose Aberrative, Academic, or Theologic to do so.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Y 0: D 159: Doldrums 39: Moving Toward Boga City

During the trip, Merin and Tor stop occasionally to look for animal bones and feathers, especially when they notice vultures in the area. Merin also tries to detect Petra and Carbone, even though he realizes that most of that stuff is found in mountainous regions.
OOC: Noted. This will be addressed in further posts.

Tellerian Hawke said:
Last but certainly not least, Merin is becoming more and more obsessed with developing his fighting skills.
GM: During travel, Sheldon spends a great deal of time each evening working with Merin, since both prefer an unarmed fighting style. The styles are remarkable different but both men are about equal in skill. Merin moves with the speed and grace of a striking viper. His body weaves in no discernible rhythm, making it difficult to determine when a strike will come.

Sheldon, on the other hand, uses his entire body. He moves like water within a bowl, using his entire body to throw or pin his opponent. Merin is always able to land a punch or kick before Sheldon is able to throw him to the ground. The coordination would look like a complicated dance, if the termination point were not so damaging.

GM: All Seekers practice physical combat on a regular basis. When the actual, preferred weapons are used, movement is slow and careful. At fuller speeds, wooden poles are used in place of real weaponry to prevent damaging one another.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Y 0: D 159: Doldrums 39: The Road to Boga City

Days 159 - 161:
GM: After passing the Ansylin Silk Caravan in short order, the Southraod Seekers follow the well-trodden road northward toward Boga City. It take two day of travel, averaging 10 hours a day to clear the Piney Woods.

There is a mild breeze to dissipate some of the day's considerable heat. True to the season, there is no rain. The Piney woods produce the normal flora and fauna, as well as some game.

Day 162:
GM: It only takes a single day to clear the mixed foliage area in between the Piney Woods and the Great Plains. The trees in this strip of land are much shorter and often deciduous, being comprised mostly of tallows and youpons. The area is home to a much greater variety of birds and varmints.

The weather this day is completely calm and dry. More game is encountered, as well as bypassing the Glass Caravan out of Asylim. Almost half an hour before meeting the caravan, Feroz signals its presence with a predetermined cry that Saemund understands.

Days 163 - 168:
GM: It takes another 5 days to reach the river crossing through the grassland. The hot season seed grasses are fully gravid at this time of year and feed a multitude of small animals, not to mention much larger fare, that usually remains quite distant from the roadway.

The weather these days is still calm and dry. On the fourth day of travel, still an estimated day from the river, Feroz gives a cry to indicate the discovery of larger game animals. Circling a reasonable distance eastward of the roadway to indicate the location, the Seekers discover their first glimpse at a herd of cattle.
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Explorer
San-Bolo get excited over seeing the cattle. Sannit says, "Let's see if we can use Way to coax some of these beasts to follow us. If we can get them to Boga City we can trade them for things we need like we did in Bergbaulbager."

Bolo looks over the herd and the surrounding area to try and find any other predators that might be stalking the cattle.

Turtle sniffs the air to get a whiff of the cattle. He knows if he's good he'll get some of the parts the people don't like to eat.
 
Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin and Tor will also attempt to attract one animal each, at range if possible, for the purpose of retaining it for future trade in Boga City.
 

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Y 0: D 167: Doldrums 39: The Road to Boga City

cows.jpg
GM: Kneeling low to use the tall grasses for cover, the party observes the cattle down in the shallow valley from the vantage point of the nearest hill. There appears to be approximately 50 of the common kine, walking slowly northward while they feed. The bulls of the herd are more attentive than the cows; and periodically, one or more of them looks up and around scanning the area for potential danger. Despite the largeness of these herbivores there are still predators of the grassland that could take one down, specifically lions or tigers.

Sannit says,
"Let's see if we can use Way to coax some of these beasts to follow us. If we can get them to Boga City we can trade them for things we need like we did in Bergbaulbager."
Sheldon and Indigo simply nod in response, each absorbed in the moment.

Kwargrow said:
Bolo looks over the herd and the surrounding area to try and find any other predators that might be stalking the cattle.

Turtle sniffs the air to get a whiff of the cattle. He knows if he's good he'll get some of the parts the people don't like to eat.
GM: Like the bulls, which go back to grazing, Bolo does not see any immediate threat in the area, either. The path the kine have taken is obvious for the amount of grass they can devour. There movement is very slow but consistent, though it is estimated that they are moving at about the rate of an easy stroll for a person. The valley is about 100 paces wide with the cattle occupying the middle. With the attentiveness of the bulls, Bolo realizes that it will be impossible to make a direct approach that will allow any of the party to effectively manipulate Way to capture one.

redraider629 said:
Vadin slowly approaches one of the cows and attempts to gain it's trust.
When Vadin begins to move forward, Indigo gestures for him to stop. Sheldon speaks quietly, yet emphatically.
"Hold up there, Jumpy. If one of them sees you, they will all run. There is no way we can get close enough just trying to sneak in. We need to come up with a plan."

Tellerian Hawke said:
Merin and Tor will also attempt to attract one animal each, at range if possible, for the purpose of retaining it for future trade in Boga City.
As Tor and Merin, also, start, Indigo gives each of them a stern look.
"Not you two as well. We need to think this through. We cannot just walk up to a wild cow any more than we could a wild deer."
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Explorer
Bolo says, "What if I send Turtle around to scare them toward us? We can position ourselves to compel one each as they run by. Should we get one or two males and the rest female?"

If the others agree Bolo will send Turtle around to the other side of the cattle and let out a roar to move the beasts closer to us.
 

redraider629

Explorer
Vadin thinks about the idea, and agrees saying "I think we should try to send turtle to attempt to move them towards us".

He looks at Indigo and Sheldon and says, "what ways can I try to compel them beyond simply touch?"
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Saemund watches and listens...~it will be easier to compel them if they are not panicked.~ "It would be to our advantage of we could simply have them move towards us...we would only have to compel the lead animal to do so."
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin says, “Hmmm, they’re too far away, I’m not sure it’s worth the effort it will take to get close enough to them.”

Tor nods in agreement, as both he and Merin give up on the idea.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Y 0: D 167: Doldrums 39: Assessing the Cattle

Bolo says,
"What if I send Turtle around to scare them toward us? We can position ourselves to compel one each as they run by. Should we get one or two males and the rest female?"
Vadin thinks about the idea, and agrees saying,
"I think we should try to send turtle to attempt to move them towards us".
He looks at Indigo and Sheldon and says,
Vadin said:
"What ways can I try to compel them beyond simply touch?"
OOC: GM NOTE: Vadin must reach 10 ranks in the Collegiate Skill before his active range can be extended beyond touch.

Saemund watches and listens.
"It would be to our advantage of we could simply have them move towards us...we would only have to compel the lead animal to do so."
Merin says,
Hmmm, they’re too far away, I’m not sure it’s worth the effort it will take to get close enough to them.”
Indigo replies,
"They are far away, but I think Saemund has the better idea of it. If we send Turtle at them, we cannot predict which way they will run, but I am figuring that they will scatter. Those of us who can capture one at a distance should move far around in the direction they are already heading and wait. We can unpack the burros and try to use them to guide the motion. We can have turtle follow behind them, not close enough to make them panic but close enough to keep them moving and maybe distract them from noticing us."
Sheldon adds,
"If we are successful at this, we are going to need to be able to explain it without indicating any ability to manipulate Way. It should make sense that we could use Turtle to push them in a given direction and the burros to corral a few. That means several of us have a long walk Some of us should probably wait with the gear. What say you?"
 
Last edited:

Kwargrow

Explorer
"If we are successful at this, we are going to need to be able to explain it without indicating any ability to manipulate Way.
Sannit strokes his beard as he answers, "If anyone asks, we'll tell them we were able to corner the cows with the bear's help. The bear is trained to help us catch other animals. It's not the strangest thing I've heard out in the Wilds."

In response to Indigo's plan he says, "It's minimal risk for a big reward. At worst we wasted our time, but being able to trade these beasts to handlers in Boga will give us connections and wealth to go along with the silk bolts we have. I will stay with the gear. Bolo will go with the rest of the group and secure one of the beasts. It shouldn't take more than one of us to stay here, and the rest of you can grab one each."

Bolo pets Turtle and says, "He will help us."

Turtle nods his head, sensing that this is somewhat important to his people. He licks his lips. There's no way they won't give him one of those cattle.
 

Advertisement

Top