Dragonlance There's A New Dragonlance Novel Coming

After all the legal drama between WotC, Margaret Weis, and Tracy Hickman recently, this probably won't surprise anybody. However, on Amazon, there is now a placeholder for a Dragonlance paperback novel set for a 29th July release this year.

The 2020 lawsuit referred to a trilogy - Dragons of Deceit, Dragons of Fate, and a third book.

dragonlance_featured.0.png

As expected, it's by Weis and Hickman, and being published by Del Rey which is the sci-fi and fantasy imprint of Penguin Random House. It's 304 pages. And that's pretty much all we know!

After the lawsuit was dropped, Margaret Weis tweeted that exciting news was coming; it looks like this is that exciting news.

Dragonlance is a legacy D&D setting and best-selling novel series created in the mid-1980s by TSR, the then-owners of Dungeons & Dragons.

Marc_C

Solitary Role Playing
But anyway, it does interest me how the Chronicles and Legends seemed so formative and high quality and after the later works by Weis and Hickman still seemed good to me, but lacked that spark or energy. I wonder if this observation is more a function of the zeitgeist of the time, me changing as a reader, a slackening of the creative energy or a mélange of the above.
Good question. I know I've changed as a reader. Tried reading the first trilogy this summer, put the book down after a few chapters. I won't buy the new DL novels.

Stormonu

Legend
I never got to the Dragons of Summer Flame and beyond, but I have enjoyed the likes of Dragons of the Dwarven Depths that covered the "other half" of the original trilogy.

Wonder where in the timeline the book will be set.

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
Obviously not. Lawyers tend to take their jobs more seriously than that.
You don't know that.

Lawyers get paid either way. And they aren't the ones who decide to settle, withdraw a suit, etc. The client does that and the lawyer executes the client's wishes to the best of their ability (hopefully).

Backcountry164

Explorer
Nope. Completely serious. You think people/ companies haven't worked out such things in the past to their mutual benefit?
The lawsuit made WotC look like trash. Again obviously, no company is going to put themselves in a negative light for publicity that they wouldn't remotely need. They're resurrecting a popular series from decades ago. What on Earth makes you think they'd need a publicity stunt to generate interest??

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
The lawsuit made WotC look like trash. Again obviously, no company is going to put themselves in a negative light for publicity that they wouldn't remotely need. They're resurrecting a popular series from decades ago. What on Earth makes you think they'd need a publicity stunt to generate interest??
What makes you think the lawsuit made WotC look like trash?

Personally, I couldn't care less about the whole thing. I barely found the Dragonlance novels enjoyable at all and would never read them again--they aren't that great IMO--and I wouldn't suggest them to anyone interested in D&D, either.

What on Earth makes you think they'd need a publicity stunt to generate interest??
Because it was "decades ago". :rolleyes:

Nope. Lawyers have a set of ethics and rules that they are expected to follow. No legitimate lawyer would participate in anything like this.
No one said the lawyers are "in on it". Jeez...

I was going to explain all the reasons this wouldn't make sense.

But then I decided, y'know what? That's silly. You're the one asserting the outlandish theory, it's on you to put forward some tiny shred of evidence for it.
Not really because I don't care about it. It is everyone responding to my posts that keeps it going and I find that silly. ;)

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases