TSR TSR3.5 Voluntarily Dismisses Lawsuit

A lawsuit filed by TSR3 against D&D owners Wizards of the Coast a few days ago was voluntarily dismissed.

Screen Shot 2021-12-11 at 3.17.46 PM.png

Dismissal without prejudice means that the suit can be filed again. The suit lasted two days from the 7th to the 9th of December. The IndieGoGo fundraiser to fund it is still running.

At first glance, the below document is dated 21st October so it’s reasonable to assume that it is not related to the recent filing; however, apparently that date is incorrect. The correct date is in the footer, and this is indeed the dismissal of the recent filing and can be found on PACER (Public Access to Court Electronic Records).

A92E7177-BFFA-4789-96A8-8A051E49BA46.jpeg

Last edited:

In the US, in the civilian sector that is usually December 7th 2021 (or 1921 if it is a very old document). The USA and maybe Canada and Mexico are the only countries that use this format AFAIK.

The U.S. military often uses the format used by the rest of the world, but it is rare in the civilian parts of the US.
Canada uses the international format, not the US format.

darjr

I crit!
What could they be afraid of?! Are they scared? I dare them to step up to the plate and file in Washington! Show WotC they have the guts to confront them on their own turf.

Ah, but just to be sure, Washington STATE.

Ulfgeir

Hero
And just to muddle things more for dates.. The ISO-standard is YYYY-MM-DD. The EU decided to use DD-MM(-YYYY). Which is REALLY bad when it comes to things with expiration-dates like food and medicine.

I am wondering if they will refile it in the "right" venue, and be done in "proper" way. Of course, given that everything regarding the incarnations of new TSR seems to be done by 3 kobolds in a trenchcoat. Sorry, that would be an insult to the kobolds, as they have teamwork (pack tactics)...

Last edited:

Sacrosanct

Legend
Apparently all it would take for an investigation is for someone from NC to launch a complaint...
Yep. I'm not registered to vote in NC, but I'm sure there's at least one person there on Justin's bad side who could potentially cause him problems by simply submitting a complaint form at NCs election site. Which is why I said in the other thread it makes no sense why he keeps putting himself in the spotlight. The more scrutiny on him can't work in his favor.

His mistakes are so glaringly obvious, I wouldn't be surprised if this was his driver's license.
FAKEIDONLINE-1.jpg

Staffan

Legend
And just to muddle things more for dates.. The ISO-standard is YYYY-MM-DD. The EU decided to use DD-MM-(YYYY). Which is REALLY bad when it comes to things with expiration-dates like food and medicine.
Given the proliferation of "standards", I believe the best way of presenting dates is whatever method has four digits for year, two digits for day, and uses letters for the month. Do that, and the order won't matter much, it will still be crystal clear what you mean.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases