TUW: Boga City

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
San-bolo take time before leaving the city to say their farewells and make invitations to visit Southroad Fair. A tourist trade could be another boon for the town.

Later with the equine:

Who among us would have the best chance and/or be able to get closest to them?

Bolo replies, "Perhaps this is a chance for all of us to test our skills. We should chose one of the animals each and approach it. We have been working on our ability to disguise ourselves with Way. Could we make our group look like a part of their herd and then coax some of them away? By the time they realize we are not horses they would be under our direction."

Sannit strokes his beard and says, "I like it better than scaring them like the cattle. Some of those guys might fight us."

Turtle is relieved to be out of the city. Not even the trees or the grass smelled right. He doesn't even look at the equine. He knows the deal by now.

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Y 0: D 207: Doldrums 57: Equines

Saemund conveys,
"The strategy we used on the bovines should serve us well."
Tor says,
Agreed, we should try our luck. Who among us would have the best chance and/or be able to get closest to them?”
Bolo replies,
"Perhaps this is a chance for all of us to test our skills. We should chose one of the animals each and approach it. We have been working on our ability to disguise ourselves with Way. Could we make our group look like a part of their herd and then coax some of them away? By the time they realize we are not horses they would be under our direction
."
Sheldon runs his left hand through his hair, pulling it back from his face.
"I know I sound negative, but I think that is a bit overly hopeful. Our skill has improved, but hiding from people, in many ways, is easier than hiding from animals, especially those always on the lookout for prey. I am not saying don't try it, but we should plan on this taking several hours to track and corral them before any of us can get close enough to have them in range of our ability to manipulate Way. We need to be able to get within 15 to 20 paces. That is quite close."

Indigo offers,
"We should use our own pack animals to our advantage, again. I think it will reduce the necessary time and allow us to get closer. If we manage to not spook these horses... I think they are horses. It is difficult to tell at this distance... we may be able to befriend or compel the entire herd. We need to unburden our animals, and someone should still stay with our stuff."

OOC: At this moment Bolo, Indigo, and Saemund have the greatest range to affect the animals, being 20 paces. Everyone else is several paces shorter. There is a total of 14 equines. They are about 100 paces (600') away.

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Sannit sits on the grass with a grin and says, "Since the rest of you were kind enough to let me take the lead in Boga, I'm going to let the rest of you collect the horses. I'll stay with the gear."

Bolo says, "We will go with your plan, Indigo." If Turtle is not needed then she will tell him to stay with Sannit.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin and Tor both nod in agreement with Indigo.

Merin says, "Ready when you are."

Merin muses to himself:~Hmmm. When this business with Asylim is over, I want to revisit this. Herding livestock could be a profitable venture, one that might give us the funds we need to reach the next level, in terms of establishing ourselves, and being able to afford things. Not just for ourselves, but for potential employees, as well. And let's not forget the town itself. It would be a very nice thing to have the money to afford to outfit the town's militia with proper arms and armor, and to be able to afford the hiring of a private security force, to protect our interests while we are away. I must remember to mention this to Sheldon at some point.~

Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Y 0: D 207: Doldrums 57: Equine Pursuits

Sheldon helps unburden the pack animals and stays with Sannit and Vadin to help guard the party's stuff. All the others walk along with the pack animals toward the grazing equines on the far hill. As everyone gets closer, it becomes more evident as to why it was so difficult to determine specifics about the horses from a distance. The animals are peculiarly marked allowing them to blend somewhat into the grasses and obscure their true appearance.

Okapi.jpg

GM: The Seekers have never even heard of such a horse, much less seen one. They would later learn, after talking to Swift Raven and Fallen Leaf, that the animal is called a windrunner and is a very swift mount. Though it is not specifically suited as a beast of burden, its value as a riding mount is almost unsurpassed, and the animals should well-suit any use or desire of the Seekers.

The capture crew follows the animals for more than an hour before getting close enough to befriend one. There are two adult Windrunner stallions, 8 adult mares, and 4 yearling colts. Once the first animal is befriended, it aids in collecting the others.

The first animal befriended is a male colt, who becomes curious at its followers. Once befriended it is compelled to walk directly back toward the trailing Seekers. This provokes its mother to move back toward the group, calling in a whistling sound to its colt. Once she is befriended, also, one of the stallions becomes curious and another mare and so forth it goes until all 14 animals fall under the control of the pursuing Seekers.

The animals are amazingly beautiful, sleek, and muscular. It is obvious that they are built for speed and are half again larger than the donkey and twice the size of the burros, though they will, likely, only carry the same amount of collections as the smaller animals which are more suited to the draft.

Once back with Sheldon, Sannit, and Vadin, the new equines are tethered with the pack animals to begin their training process during the return trip to Southroad Fair.

Last edited:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Saemund examines the animals.
"Fine animals indeed, we should look into having saddles made so we can ride them. It would mean faster travel. We could still sell the rest for a hefty profit. If no one has objections I will pick out one of the taller animals and bond it."

If no one objects Saemund will single out one of the taller, male windrunners for himself and begin the process of personally imprinting on the animal. He also calls for Feroz so that he may become accustomed to the horse's presence.

Feroz glides down lands on the perch Saemund made for him and sends back feelings of begrudged acquiescence. Feroz thinks to himself, ~I will befriend the flightless one if the human desires it , but I will not spend excessive time bound to the earth as this creature is.~

Last edited:

MacConnell

Sheldon Engages Saemund

If no one objects Saemund will single out one of the taller, male windrunners for himself and begin the process of personally imprinting on the animal...
GM: Saemund finds that the shoulder of the two stallions stands right at his own shoulder level, indicating that the animal should, indeed, be able to carry him. Being fully under his control, the horse does not spook when Feroz glides in. Saemund can sense the intelligence of the rare horse. He feels certain that by taking his time he will be able to command even more of the horse than he can of his hawk.

Sheldon replies,
"That is a good idea. You and Tor should work with the two stallions since you will need the larger horses to carry you. Those two male colts should grow into that potential as well, but it will likely take several years. I think we should sell our pack animals to Clavo at the Carpenters Guild and keep all of the horses y'all just captured. It will allow all of us to ride, plus carry our gear."

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Sheldon said:
"...That is a good idea. You and Tor should work with the two stallions since you will need the larger horses to carry you."

Tor nods, "Very well, let's be about it. Come here, boy." Tor approaches the equine and begins to befriend it.

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
There are two adult Windrunner stallions, 8 adult mares, and 4 yearling colts

San-Bolo select two of the mares for their use and work with them, getting them familiar with Turtle while they are at it.

Bolo says, "We have enough to start breeding them as well if that is a line of work we choose to go into. It could be another way to make our town known."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases