• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

5E Underwater Adventures!

Xander looks over at Jamoar. He looks to the specter now floating near him.

"He has been cursed to serve me. I have done this to him as punishment for attacking us. His soul will be freed at dawn his debt to me fulfilled."

The sword in Xander's hand vanishes and he turns to Corus.

"He was a warlock. Though I do not know who or what was his patron." Xander looks to the others. "Should we find a place to catch our breath before we proceed into the city?"
 

tglassy

Explorer
OOC: Ah yes, I meant to say, those who understand Deep Speech know what the squid man said.

[sblock=Deepspeech]The Depths Are Mine![/sblock]

Also, good job! I was sure he was going to get away!


The squid man dies, and rises again to help his killer. The Shade glares at Xander with hatred, but is powerless against the Warlock's power.

The battle appears to be over. You have prevailed.

What do you do?
 

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
OOC: What do you do?
OOC: I'd already mentioned that Jamoar is searching squidface's body for valuables and/or information on who or what these creatures were doing here.

Then I think we take a short rest for some people to either heal or regain abilities, then enter the city.
 
Last edited:

tglassy

Explorer
Jamoar finds 2 things. A bag of gold coins, 20 in all, but the image on the coins was of no monarch you have ever seen, and they seem old.

The other thing is a ring. Diamonds surrounding a sapphire. A black stone in the middle of the sapphire makes the whole setting look like an eye.
 

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
Jamor holds up the ring to the others, his voice still oddly distorted but understandable. "Anyone able to see magic or identify things?" He also pulled a coin out and showed the face, "what about these? Anyone recognize the stamped monarch on here? Someone can study both or either of these while we rest a bit."

OOC: OOC: I'm down to 2 Sorcery points and only 2/2/1 on my spells. I burned a lot of power in that fight! I'm going scale back a bit to mostly cantrips for the next fights unless I need to scale up.
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Underwater
Morning
Round 0

“I can take a look at one of those coins,” Corus offered. He studied it to see if he knew the image, but his knowledge of the surface world was severely limited.

History: 1D20-1 = [1]-1 = 0

[sblock=Actions]
Saves:
Move:
Action (Extra Attack): 2 attacks
Bonus:
Free:
Reaction: Opportunity attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Character Sheet
AC: 19
HP: 46/52 HD: 6/6d10+2
Initiative: -1
PP: 10
PI: 10

Channel Divinity (1/R, DC 13)
  • Nature’s Wrath
  • Turn the Faithless

Divine Sense: 3/LR
Lay on Hands: 20/30

Spells
Divine Smite: 2d8 radiant+1d8/spell level higher than 1st (max 5d8)+1d8 vs fiends/undead
1) 4/4: Bless (C), Compelled Duel (BA, C), Cure Wounds, Ensnaring Strike (BA, C), Fog Cloud (C)(1/LR), Speak with Animals (R)
2) 1/2: Aid, Gust of Wind (C) (1/LR); Misty Step (BA); Moonbeam (C)
3) 0/0: Wall of Water (C)(1/LR)
4) 0/0: Dominate Beast (C, DC 15, beast with innate swim speed, 3 charges; recover 1d3/dawn)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Goals]
Treasure hunting in undersea city
What killed the leviathan?
[/sblock]

[sblock=Party]
Kaeldos Nalorn - Triton druid (land)
Jamoar Gallentra - Half-elf storm sorcerer
Tai-Tai - Water genasi battlemaster
Perilor Kelpwood - sea elf monk (shadows)
Stamr Cavehaven - dwarf rogue (scout)
Xander Corvus - half-elf hexblade
[/sblock]
 

tglassy

Explorer
Corus believes with all his heart that these coins belonged to an ancient king of Avalastice, a desert kingdom nearly on the other side of the world. Because he heard of that place once.

OOC: You rolled a 0. You get so much more than “You know nothing, John Snow.”
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Underwater
Morning
Round 0


“Yes, I think I know this coin,” Corus said. “It is the image of an ancient king from Avalastice, probably Parmenades III, the Heretic King.” Corus handed back the coins. “We should investigate where this man and his minions came from in case there be more,” the sea paladin said.


Corus tucked into a dive and swam his way down toward the city once more.


[sblock=Actions]
Saves:
Move:
Action (Extra Attack): 2 attacks
Bonus:
Free:
Reaction: Opportunity attack
Conditions:
Concentration:
Inspiration:
[/sblock]


[sblock=Stats]
Character Sheet
AC: 19
HP: 50/52 HD: 5/6d10+2
Initiative: -1
PP: 10
PI: 10


Channel Divinity (1/R, DC 13)

  • Nature’s Wrath
  • Turn the Faithless



Divine Sense: 3/LR
Lay on Hands: 20/30


Spells
Divine Smite: 2d8 radiant+1d8/spell level higher than 1st (max 5d8)+1d8 vs fiends/undead
1) 4/4: Bless (C), Compelled Duel (BA, C), Cure Wounds, Ensnaring Strike (BA, C), Fog Cloud (C)(1/LR), Speak with Animals (R)
2) 1/2: Aid, Gust of Wind (C) (1/LR); Misty Step (BA); Moonbeam (C)
3) 0/0: Wall of Water (C)(1/LR)
4) 0/0: Dominate Beast (C, DC 15, beast with innate swim speed, 3 charges; recover 1d3/dawn)
[/sblock]


[sblock=Goals]
Treasure hunting in undersea city
What killed the leviathan?
[/sblock]


[sblock=Party]
Kaeldos Nalorn - Triton druid (land)
Jamoar Gallentra - Half-elf storm sorcerer
Tai-Tai - Water genasi battlemaster
Perilor Kelpwood - sea elf monk (shadows)
Stamr Cavehaven - dwarf rogue (scout)
Xander Corvus - half-elf hexblade
[/sblock]
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
Stamr follows Corus as the depth increases. This is deeper than he has ever been, and even through his cloak, his ears pop.
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
"Shrug cannot go further without some rest." Tai-Tai says as he sinks toward the bottom.

Ooc: will roll a bit later, maybe even tomorrow, for HP
 
Last edited:

Salthorae

Imperial Mountain Dew Taster
"We can rest at the bottom?" Jamoar says with a shrug as they continued their swim down. He continued to follow the others down, trying to keep his eyes peeled looking for other threats to the group.

OOC: we'd said we were going to rest, maybe [MENTION=6801311]KahlessNestor[/MENTION] is thinking we did that and are now continuing on? [MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION] you said somewhere that we were rested and could move on right? Was that the OOC thread?
 

tglassy

Explorer
You settle to the bottom of the ocean and take a rest after the close encounter. Thankfully, nothing bothers you.

OOC: If someone would like to attune to the ring, you can find out what it is. You may also cast Identify on it.


Once done, you head on to the city. You only travel a short ways before cresting a ridge, which turns out to the be top of a cliff. There, in what would be a valley had the water not sunk it, was the city in all its majesty. The buildings, originally made of marble and stone, were encrusted with barnacles and choral. Many were, incredibly, still intact, though a number of them were at least partially crumbled.

As you overlook the city, the sunlight barely gleaming down enough to illuminate it, you see three main structures a ways off from the cliff. The closest one looks like a dome, with only a small part of the done crumbled to form a hole big enough to get into. The dome is very large, large enough for thousands upon thousands of people to have gathered in at one point or another. A stadium, perhaps?

A little further down is a straight, metal tower, reflecting light from the Sun far above. It juts out over the city, towering over most of the other buildings, and seems very different in architecture than the buildings around it.

Further, barely seen in the gloom of the water, is a palace of some kind, as large as the dome and a thousand times more ornate.

What do you do?
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Perilor takes in the sight. He must be the first sea elf in generations to see the spectacle that is the lost city.

"Let's head to the dome first," he suggests eventually, although he makes no move to get there before the others start moving.
 

Kobold Stew

Adventurer
OOC: Since no one has spoken, Stamr will try on the fancy ring on his ray-fingers.


Stamr swims over to the others, still recovering from the terror he felt at the sight of the tentacled creature. This is a whole new world for him. As the treasure is divided, he offers to hold the ring which manages to slide through the tip of his fin onto what he knows is his finger, as the group settles onto the sea bed and others catch their breath.

Stamr swims a slow perimeter, keeping watch, as his eyes become habituated to the dim light.

Soon they are swimming again, and he follows Perilor. As they swim, Stamr takes in the sight. He must be the first mountain dwarf in generations to see the spectacle that is the lost city.
 

tglassy

Explorer
[sblock=Stamr]
Stamr has found a Ring of X-ray Vision. The description is as follows.

RING OF X-RAY VISION
Ring, rare (requires attunement)
While wearing this ring, you can use an action to speak its command word. When you do so, you can see into and through solid matter for 1 minute. This vision has a radius of 30 feet. To you, solid objects within that radius appear transparent and don't prevent light from passing through them. The vision can penetrate 1 foot of stone, 1 inch of common metal, or up to 3 feet of wood or dirt. Thicker substances block the vision, as does a thin sheet of lead.

Whenever you use the ring again before taking a long rest, you must succeed on a DC 15 Constitution saving throw or gain one level of exhaustion.[/sblock]
 

Neurotic

Adventurer
"Why the dome? It is better to visit the palace first. Either meet top people here or have the most treasure to loot. Plus, the dome is open water. I prefer not to get caught in a charge again. I think my dose of luck is done for this year." Tai-Tai looks at the group, measuring both their knowledge and mettle.
 
Last edited:

Advertisement

Top