D&D Movie/TV Watch This Honor Among Thieves Clip (With a Cameo from the D&D Cartoon Adventurers!)

Paramount has shared a clip of Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves. The 3-minute scene features the heroes navigating an arena maze, a displacer beast, a mimic, a gelatinous cube, the D&D cartoon characters, and Hugh Grant's villainous Forge Fitzwilliam.

Paramount has shared a clip of Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves. The 3-minute scene features the heroes navigating an arena maze, a displacer beast, a mimic, a gelatinous cube, the D&D cartoon characters, and Hugh Grant's villainous Forge Fitzwilliam.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Yeah I noticed that too, I figured the kids never got home and really have been stuck there a long long time

Without really getting any taller.
It's like Sean Penn (as Spicoli) got cast for Bobby

1678757234706.png

aco175

Legend
Great scene, makes looking foreword to the movie a bit more optimistic. Liked the throwback characters, but kind of hope they do not have more scenes. Could pick on the magic involved in the arena and such, but it makes a good movie clip. Not sure if that would translate to my game table.

They can' be the children from he cartoon, among other reasons because the DM can see the future and he wouldn' allow the children were "red shirts". Other reason should be copyright, but I guess that now could be totally fixed thanks some agreement between Hasbro and Disney because now merchandising products can be sold.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Is that how the Displacement effect is suppose to work? Anyone done that Displacer Beast herding trick before?

Also great to see the easter egg - Eric the Cavalier and Bobby were very distinctive

I so want to see the kids or Venger show up in the post credit scene
No idea, but that displacer beast was cool! Unfortunately, my players will likely also see the movie (or at least this clip) so I won't be able to use that against them.

GMMichael

Guide of Modos
The 3-minute scene features the heroes navigating an arena maze . . .
"Arena maze" doesn't do it justice. I'd call it "The Most Amazing Engineering Marvel Ever to Grace the Entire Planescape." The poor slave labor underneath, lifting the pillars, probably call it something worse.

. . . It just seems extraordinary that someone would build a whole magic rising floor arena just to make it harder for people to see the bloodsport they were presenting. . .
Telepathic transmission of images to spectators' brains. Or would you like to argue that the magic in that scene somehow has limits?

Telepathic transmission of images to spectators' brains. Or would you like to argue that the magic in that scene somehow has limits?
If it's that flexible why not just charge people to beam it to their brains in the comfort of their own homes?

But yes I will argue their are limits, because even the most high level magic still works within the basic limitation that there are also non-magical things around it. Otherwise it's just an abstract dream sequence. And at the very least if magic is the explanation than show the magic. Even in "everything is accomplished with magic, all the time" scenarios the audience should not be obligated to write in additional "a wizard did it" magical explanations for the things that don't make mundane sense.

Remove ads

Remove ads