What could a scientist in my Star Wars RPG be researching or working on?

Zardnaar

Legend
That's up to you - I don't know what works for your setting. It could be anywhere from something boring like improving the software coding to something spectacular like detonating warheads in hyperspace to create the hyperspatial equivalent of sonar pings.

Basically you would need to invent a better computer. Sometimes in Star Wars it's faster to jump to multiple systems than fly direct. It might be quicker to fly from Tatooine to Alderaan to Coruscant than Tatooine to Coruscant.

Some sort of bio computer that can sense hyperspace routes might be an option. May or may not be force sensitive. Experimental of course.

Anything else?

Why? What is going on here?

You've been asking for brainstorming for almost two months. Your posts make it obvious you're asking this across multiple forums. You have plenty of responses, but have shown little interest in fleshing any out. You're still just fishing, with practically no feedback or direction other than you're still looking for things that are "cool" and "fresh".

If this is actually just a backstory (completely inconsequential to the game), just pick something already. You'll never get anywhere in designing a campaign if you spend two months brainstorming on every little point.

If this is for something else that actually matters, be honest and tell us what it is. Or at least tell us why you're so fixated on this. Tell us about the character. Tell us about the world he grew up on. At the very least tell us the system you're using and his stats. Show us that you're actually designing something instead of asking us to do it for you. Throw us something constructive, rather than an increasingly long list of ideas you don't like. There's clearly plenty of us here that enjoy talking about Star Wars tech. But I have no desire to just throw every idea I've ever had at a wall.

Maximum7

Explorer
Why? What is going on here?

You've been asking for brainstorming for almost two months. Your posts make it obvious you're asking this across multiple forums. You have plenty of responses, but have shown little interest in fleshing any out. You're still just fishing, with practically no feedback or direction other than you're still looking for things that are "cool" and "fresh".

If this is actually just a backstory (completely inconsequential to the game), just pick something already. You'll never get anywhere in designing a campaign if you spend two months brainstorming on every little point.

If this is for something else that actually matters, be honest and tell us what it is. Or at least tell us why you're so fixated on this. Tell us about the character. Tell us about the world he grew up on. At the very least tell us the system you're using and his stats. Show us that you're actually designing something instead of asking us to do it for you. Throw us something constructive, rather than an increasingly long list of ideas you don't like. There's clearly plenty of us here that enjoy talking about Star Wars tech. But I have no desire to just throw every idea I've ever had at a wall.
Wow. I didn't even know its been 2 months. Im obsessed with new ideas for technology and I am obsessive in getting this scientist to sound really official. But yes. I need to stop and pick something. Its just a me thing. I'll stop

Zardnaar

Legend
Wow. I didn't even know its been 2 months. Im obsessed with new ideas for technology and I am obsessive in getting this scientist to sound really official. But yes. I need to stop and pick something. Its just a me thing. I'll stop

It's just unique is really hard in Star Wars. Some things are not very common and would require a decent knowledge of the old legends material to even recognize.

One trick in RPGs is change names or file numbers off. I had a blabbermouth player who had read a lot of adventures. I printed one out stuck a different cover on it and he didn't recognize it.

Unless you're playing with hardcore SW fans odds are they won't recognize an obscure SW tidbit especially if you put your own spin on it.

I'm using force aware bio droids that can be mass produced in a mini Star Forge. That's my campaigns super weapon.

Last edited:

Maximum7

Explorer
Last time I post. I promise. I’m making one last round on all the forums I posted on. I’m looking for something highly advanced.

MarkB

Legend
Most highly advanced projects could be seriously setting-changing. Is that something you want, or something you want to avoid?

Remove ads