• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What new games would you like to see?

mistergone

First Post
What makes Pulp Cthulhu "pulp"? Indiana Jones type heroes? Or Doc Savage? My only real reference for pulp is the basic ones that everyone would know, and Adventure! by white wolf. Seems to me that in pulp adventures, the heroes stand a chance of defeating the bad guys... but in Cthulhu? Not as much. I would be interested though, in playing.

Last edited:

Thomas Hobbes

First Post
d20 modern of any stripe, but Shadow Chasers, Urban Arcana, Agents of Psi, or Genetech settings in paticular- basically, something out of the ordinary. I've also become quite taken with the Grim-n-Gritty hitpoint rules since I saw them on Gwolf's recently posted game (go join, we need more players!), so any game using those whould be cool.

I have less interest in games I don't have the rules for, obviously. :p But d20 modern, D&D, andStar wars (in that order) are all things I would proboably join if they came up .

VorpalBunny

Explorer
mistergone said:
What makes Pulp Cthulhu "pulp"? Indiana Jones type heroes? Or Doc Savage? My only real reference for pulp is the basic ones that everyone would know, and Adventure! by white wolf. Seems to me that in pulp adventures, the heroes stand a chance of defeating the bad guys... but in Cthulhu? Not as much. I would be interested though, in playing.

Better late than never... :D

Heroes in the "pulp" genre tend to be larger than life action heroes who are thrust into fantastic situations and risk life and limb to save the world (or the girl) from the equally larger than life villain. If you picture heroes like Indiana Jones, Rick and Evie from The Mummy, Doc Savage, John Carter of Mars, and especially the Mythos fiction of Howard and Lumley you can't go wrong.

"Pulp" in the Cthulhu setting is not too much different. The heroes are still going to be in as much danger as a "regular" CoC game, but there is more of a focus on action instead of investigation in these stories.

Last edited:

Calim

First Post
D20Modern with Savage Species thrown in

or Star Wars mid level game

or possibly a try at a marvel/dc mutants and masterminds game or four color fantasy whichever works

Starman

Adventurer
I wouldn't mind seeing some non-d20/OGL games. I love d20/OGL, but variety is the spice of life and all that crap.

In particular I would like to see:
White Wolf Dark Ages
7th Sea (original rules)
Ars Magica

Starman

Jarval

Explorer
Starman said:
I wouldn't mind seeing some non-d20/OGL games. I love d20/OGL, but variety is the spice of life and all that crap.

In particular I would like to see:
<SNIP>
Ars Magica

Amen to that! I'd love to see an Ars Magica game :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads