• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's a blessed weapon?

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Wippit Guud said:
I'm at work, don't have the books to find the proof, although it may be in the imp description, but I seem to recall that any weapon wieled by a paladind is considered blessed.

Not AFAIK.

Cloudgatherer

First Post
Like I stated before, there isn't a way under the core rules to make a weapon permanently blessed.

I'd also consider *not* allowing a weapon to be permanently blessed (short of an artifact). It has devastating consequences to certain creatures and is worthless in other circumstances. The bless weapon ability typically comes from divine spellcasters, so it comes from the power of their god or nature, which is probably where it should stay, in the hands of the clerics and druids.

Fenes

First Post
If I (as the DM) make a holy sword for a paladin you can bet that it will be considered blessed. Wouldn't be much of a holy sword if it needs the bless weapon spell each time it encounters one of the rare creatures vulnerable to blessed weapons.

Gromm

First Post
Looking over the MM, every creature that regenerates save vs blessed weapons also lists holy weapons, all except Kytons that is. This might be an oversite, since otherwise it seems to be pretty constant throughout the devils.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Looking over the MM, every creature that regenerates save vs blessed weapons also lists holy weapons, all except Kytons that is. This might be an oversite, since otherwise it seems to be pretty constant throughout the devils.

What about using a Holy Crossbow on a Rakshasa?

"A holy weapon is good aligned and blessed with holy power. Bows, crossbows, and slings so enchanted bestow the holy power upon their ammunition."

Before you say yes... what about using an Unholy crossbow on a Rakshasa?

"An unholy weapon is evilly aligned and blessed with unholy power."

-Hyp.

Quasimodo

First Post
I recently ran a session where a party ran into a Kyton, not having weapons powerfull enough to affect it I allowed the cleric to use a few turning checks to summon positive energy into a weapon, effectively blessing it for a few rounds.

I ruled (on the spot so this might not be too balanced)a turning check that would turn an undead of equal HD (with +2 turn resistance) would channel enough positive energy to bless the weapon against that creature for the next 5 rounds.

Quasimodo

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Gromm said:

I think that was errated.

Remove ads